#3

Three years and seven months ago

Maheshwari group of Institutions, Kolkata

"I'm not talking to you then why are you following me? Just go away." says Ragini irritated with Arhaan following her but from inside she was happy to see all the girls jealous because Arhaan was running after her like a love sick puppy.

"Sorry yaar! I went out with the boys and my phone was on silent so I didn't hear it ringing." explains Arhaan.

"Okay! So they're more important than me to you? Fine then! Go to your friends and say goodbye to me." she says turning to him with an angry face and then starts moving away.

Arhaan pouts as he runs after her.

"Alle mele aalu kyu inna gushsha kal laha hai babu? Aage she aesha nahi kalunga na plomish. (Oh my potato, why are getting so angry? I'll not repeat it, promise.) he says holding her hand and turning her to himself.

Ragini was glaring him angrily but was also thinking how cute he was looking and sounding while talking childishly.

"Stop calling me an aalu(potato). I don't look like a potato. Do I?" she asks angrily.

"No! You look like a hot and sexy model. And to keep these thoughts away, I call you potato." he says and then bites on his tongue and keeps both of his hands over his mouth, shocked that he just said that aloud.

Ragini was looking at him with wide eyes. Her face starts turning red as the blood starts rushing to her cheeks because of the blush but Arhaan misunderstands it to be because of anger.

"I'm sorry but that is the truth yaar. And you know I love my life more than anything in the world." he says as he runs away from there.

Ragini also starts running after him throughout the college campus.

"Arhaan, you donkey! Stop there otherwise I'll not talk to you ever and by God, I mean it." she shouts after him.

Arhaan stops at that. He turns to look at Ragini innocently. They were in an isolated area of the college. Ragini moves towards him and starts hitting him while Arhaan was just trying to defend her attacks.

"What did you say some seconds ago?" she asks while hitting him.

"These girls! Bas khud ki tareef sunni hoti hai. (They just want to hear their praisings.)" he says rolling his eyes dramatically.

Ragini shakes her head in disbelief at the boy in front of her. She points her finger at him and was about to say something but then let it go giving him a 'it's useless to say anything to you because you'll not change' look. Arhaan laughs as he pulls her with him and they sits under a tree.

"What?" asks Ragini finding him staring at her.

"Don't you think that you're forgetting something?" he asks lifting his eyebrows.

"No, I remember everything! This is the last week of our college. There are exams after two weeks and then we'll be post graduated. And if you have forgotten then let me remind you that we already had our farewell party." she says and with the look on her face it was clear that she was trying to control her laugh.

Arhaan stares her for a few seconds and then turns his face away. Ragini bites on her lips at that. She holds his face and makes him look at her.

"And I also remember that it's your birthday tomorrow. How can I forget about the birthday of the boy I l... hate the most?" she says laughing.

Arhaan glares her. Ragini laughs more and pulls his nose.

"You're cho cute." she says smiling.