#17

She felt goossebumps on her body as they stepped out of the airport. The place where she was born and grew up. The place where her family still lives, according to her. The place where she met him. She was afraid about so many things. She was scared about people's reactions when they'll come to know about her being an unmarried mother of twin daughters of Laksh Durgaprasad Maheshwari. She was nervous about meeting her family again.

"Mumma, ale we going to meet dadda?" asks Ishanvi, bringing her mother out of her thoughts.

Ragini looks down at her daughters but doesn't say anything. She's tired of telling them that they're never going to meet their father. But they never believes her.

"This way mam." says Ankit as he directs them towards a white colored expensive car.

Ragini tightens her grip on the small hands of her daughters as she starts walking towards the car. She didn't bring anything from Bangalore, not even clothes because Ankit said that they'll get everything they need.

She gets seated on the back seat of the car with the twins who were talking something to each other. Ankit sits on the passenger seat as the driver starts the car.

Ragini keeps looking at the city from the window of the car. Most of the things were looking unfamiliar. So much changed in these years. Her heartbeat quickens as they reaches the huge Maheshwari Mansion. The guards opens the large doors for them and the driver pulls the car inside the mansion.

Ankit came out of the car and opened the back door. He took the girls out and made them stand on their feet. Ragini also comes out and looks around. She follows Ankit towards the door of the house. He presses the doorbell and an old man opens the door after a few seconds. The old man smiles looking at them.

"We were waiting for you. Come inside." he says as he steps aside.

Ragini didn't miss to notice the happiness and admiration in the old man's eyes. They gets inside and looks at the large hall which comes in their view at the very first. There was a sofa set in the centre with a glass table in between. The house was in the combination of white and golden and it was indeed luxurious and beautiful. She looks on when she hears some whispers. She finds a few men and women standing in a row. They were looking like the staff. All of them were middle aged or old. They were smiling looking at Ragini and were going aww at her daughters.

"What's your name?" asks one of the women to Ishanvi.

"Ishanvi..." replies Ishanvi in her cute voice.

The woman then looks at Aanya.

"Aanya..." she relpies.

Everyone smiles looking at each other.

"Ishanvi Maheshwari and Aanya Maheshwari, perfect." says another middle aged man.

"Their eyes looks just like Laksh baba's." says one among them.

Ragini was just standing there with a confused face. All of them knew about the girls being Maheshwari. How and from when?

"Okay, you can talk with them later. They're going to live here only. Get back to work now." says Ankit dismissing them.

Everyone looks at him and unwantedly leaves from there.

"Please have a seat. I'll be just back." says Ankit to Ragini.

Ragini nods and Ankit also leaves from there. She was about to sit when her eyes catches a beautiful wall which has many photo frames hanging on it. She moves towards the wall to have a better look at the pictures. They were pictures of all of his family members. Her heart starts beating more fast as her eyes falls on his photos. There were pictures of him with his parents and grandparents. There were many pictures of him at different ages starting as a baby. She never saw his childhood pictures but she could recognize him very well because of his mesmerising Amber eyes. Then there was picture of him nearly at the age of Aanya and Ishanvi. In the picture, his face was smeared with ice-cream and he was showing his pearls to the camera, looking so cute. The similarities were visible between him and his daughters in that picture. There was a picture of him in school uniform in which his face was fallen maybe because he was forced to go to school. Followed by many more pictures of teenage, adulthood and then as a businessman at different places.