#12

Ragini reaches the school and finds Laksh already there. He was holding his ears and was doing sit ups in front of the girls.

"I'm sorry babies, I'll not repeat it again." he says while doing sit ups.

"Plomise?" asks Ishanvi.

"Pakka promise..." says Laksh.

"Aanu, let's folgive Laksh untle, he's saying solly." says Ishanvi to her older twin.

Aanya thinks for a while and then nods. Laksh takes a breath of relief as he takes their bags and holds their hands. He turns around and gets shocked seeing Ragini. He gulps sensing the level of her anger. Ragini didn't say anything but moves towards her car. Laksh sits at the backseat of the car with Aanya and Ishanvi. The three of them keeps talking and laughing at the backseat, all the way to their home. They reaches the house and gets out of the car. Laksh finds Ankit standing outside the house.

"Sir, the work is done." says Ankit.

Laksh nods as he moves inside the house. Ragini takes the girls inside their room and makes them change their clothes. She leaves them in the room to play as she moves to the hall where Laksh was standing.

"Rag..." Laksh tries to speak but Ragini didn't let him.

"This is what you're going to do! This is how you're going to play the role of a father? Mr Laksh Maheshwari, how could you be so careless? You forgot to bring your daughters from their school? I knew you'll never be able to prove yourself a good father. You're still the same careless boy. You just say that you want your daughters in your life and want to take care of them but you can't do it. Everything is just for the name sake..." she stops as Laksh places his hand on her mouth, forcing her to stop speaking.

Ragini was glaring him while Laksh wasn't any better. He was passing daggers at her.

"Just shut up! I didn't forget about my daughters. How can I forget about my only family? I never can. I was ready to pick them up on time but I lost the f*cking key of my car. I didn't remember where I kept it and from the place where your house is, no one can get a taxi. I walked, not walked actually ran to the main road that is at fifteen minutes distance from here and then took a taxi for their school. Did you understand you stupid woman? They are my daughters as well. Just stop thinking that you're the only one who love and care for them. I do it equally. You can't judge my love for them on the basis of this stupid thing. Got that?" he says angrily.

Ragini was trying to speak but his hand on her mouth wasn't letting her. She bites on his hand. Laksh hisses as he takes his hand back.

"That doesn't change the fact that you got late for their school and they were left alone." she says angrily as she stamps her feet angrily and moves to the kitchen.

"She's still the same. Won't let anyone win in any debate." he says rubbing his hand.

Ragini enters inside the kitchen and sits on the counter as she starts drinking a glass of water. She starts making something for the girl to eat when she realises something.

"He was all the day in the house. Did he eat something? He didn't eat breakfast as well." she says as she looks around the kitchen.

Just then Laksh enters inside with Ishanvi in his arms. He fills a glass of water and makes her drink it. He starts leaving but stops listening Ragini's voice.

"Did you eat something?" asks Ragini.

"Uhm... No!" replies Laksh.

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't find anything to eat in the kitchen." he says as he leaves the kitchen.

"Shit! Ragini, how can you be such an idiot? How can you forget to make lunch for him? He's living here then it's obvious that he'll eat here." she says shaking her head.