#6

Three years and seven months ago

Maheshwari group of Institutions, Kolkata

Ragini was standing in the area where principal's office was. She was waiting for Arhaan to come out. She was surprised that no one was present there that day. Not even a peon who usually stays there. She takes a few steps in the direction of the office and she hears some whisperings from the room.

"Dad, what are you talking about?" she hears Arhaan's voice from inside.

"Don't act innocent in front of me. I didn't allow you to come back from London and take admission here for doing all this." she hears the voice of some middle aged man and he wasn't their principal.

"But what I did?" asks Arhaan.

"You're here to study not to make middle class friends and hangout with them and what you did on your birthday? Instead of calling your high class friends in your birthday party, you invited those middle class people. I was not here that doesn't mean you'll do anything you want. You're becoming a spoiled brat." says the same man.

"Dad, what are you even talking? They're my friends and what they did to you? They didn't do anything. In fact, they are more trustworthy and good company than your fake high standard people." says Arhaan irritated.

'Why his father is talking like this? Aren't they themselves middle class? And Arhaan came from London. He lied.' thinks Ragini.

"Great! Now you are taking their side. I have allowed you to study here that doesn't mean you'll forget who you are and what is waiting for you." his father says.

"I know dad. But that doesn't mean you'll not let me live a normal life." argues Arhaan.

"Normal life!! This is a normal life for you? I didn't know that you'll forget your true identity while living with a fake one. Let me remind you my son! You are not Arhaan Mehra. There don't exist any boy named Arhaan Mehra." says the man.

Ragini's eyes widens in shock. She wasn't believing what she was hearing. He is not Arhaan Mehra then who's he?

"You are Laksh Durgaprasad Maheshwari, the only heir of the Maheshwari properties and business. Being Arhaan you've forgotten about being Laksh." he continues.

'Laksh Durgaprasad Maheshwari... Durgaprasad Maheshwari is the second richest man in India. That means... He's not Arhaan. He's not a middle class boy. He lied. He lied about his identity as well. He lied about his family. Everything was a lie.' thinks Ragini.

"I haven't forgotten about being Laksh dad. I'm just..."

"You're just what? And one more thing, who's this Ragini Gadodia?" asks Durgaprasad angrily.

Ragini looks on when she hears her name being taken.

"She's a friend." replies Laksh.

"Friend! Aren't you getting too close with a friend? Don't think I don't know anything. I have the information of your every secret. You don't know these middle class girls. Wherever they sees a rich boy they gets after him for his money. They can do anything to be with him for his money and status. Afterall everyone wants a luxurious life. And I don't think this Ragini Gadodia is any better after what she did." says Durgaprasad.

Ragini's heart pains hearing that. She clutches the end of her shirt in her fist. She was not getting how to react. He was raising finger at her character.

"That was a mistake dad." says Laksh.

'Mistake! I was a mistake for him. I am a mistake for him.' she thinks as tears starts trickling down her cheeks.