#18

Laksh looks on shocked as he hears the sound of slap. He turns to look at Ragini who was looking at her family with tear filled eyes.

"Aunty, why did you slap oul mumma?" asks Aanya angrily to Sharmishtha.

Sharmishtha turns her eyes from Ragini to Aanya and Ishanvi along with Shekhar and Ragini's brother. They then looks back at Ragini.

"Aunty uncle please listen to her side once." says Laksh to Sharmishtha.

"Laksh, please leave us alone with our daughter for a while. Please..." says Shekhar.

Laksh nods understandingly. He holds the hands of his daughters and takes them out with him, not listening to their protesting. He takes them to the garden and sits with them on a bench.

"Dadda, who was that aunty? She's bad." says Ishanvi complaining.

Laksh shakes his head at that.

"No bachcha... She's not bad. She loves your mumma but she's upset with her. And she's not aunty. She's your mumma's mumma. She's good." says Laksh smiling at his daughter.

"Oooo... Otay"

"Yes..." says Laksh, patting his finger on the tip of their noses.

"Dadda, if mumma will get upshet with us then she'll oso shap us?" asks Ishanvi and both of the girls keeps their hands on their cheeks.

Laksh laughs at that.

"No, mumma will not! Even if she tried then dadda will not let her." he says winking at them.

"Hihi..."

The girls starts giggling at that. They stays there for sometime, talking this or that.

"Do you want to see your new room? It's very biiig." says Laksh.

"Yesh..." says both of them says smiling widely.

Laksh smiles seeing their happy faces as he takes them inside the house through the back door. He takes them upstairs to their room.

The girls looks at the room and starts running and jumping around. The room was very large and was painted in baby pink. There was a large princess bed in the centre and butterflies and stars were hanging on the ceiling, right above the bed. There were unlimited toys placed around. There were two cupboards standing in one corner and one large study table in the other corner with two chairs.

"You liked it?" asks Laksh.

"We loved it." says the girls jumping on the bed.

Laksh smiles feeling satisfied with his achievement. Making the room ready for his daughters in just two days was not an easy task for him. He made the designers do everything in front of his eyes, not caring about his health condition. But their happy faces were worth of everything.

"Aanu Ishu... Where are you?" he hears Ragini's voice.

He takes the girls out and finds Ragini looking for them.

"Come, they wants to meet you." says Ragini holding the hands of her daughters.

"Ragini, is everything okay?" asks Laksh worried.

"Hmm... It will take time for them to forgive me completely but they don't hate me. I told them everything. Why I decided to leave and didn't tell anything to them. I didn't want them to face the taunts of the society but I guess, I gave people another reason to taunt my family by leaving like that. Nothing went like I wanted. Nothing went better. It wasn't easy to make them understand and convincing them but I did that somehow. You know, they love me a lot. They never stopped loving me. They're more angry about the fact that I ran away without speaking to them but they said that they can't do anything about what happened. They're happy to get their daughter back with their granddaughters." says Ragini taking a deep breath.