Chapter 2 ~ Meeting Red

It was now morning as the sun brighten waking the birds up as they did their daily routine. Y/N woke up heavily, getting ready for the day. She brushed her teeth in the bathroom and combed her feathered hair. Finished as she ate banana and grapes for breakfast. She locked her door and flew off. Up in the sky, looking down to see the birds smiling made her smile as well as they greet her a good morning.

Apparently something caught her eye. A red bird storming down the path after pushing the tall door out of the way. She was curious of what's his problem. Going down behind him who's not far away from her as she about to approach. The pink wing blocked her way to reveal Stella.

"That guy over there is Red. It's best if you don't approach him. He's not nice and never had friends or family. He doesn't even know how to interact with us." she said trying to prevent her from talking to Red.

"I see. Don't worry. I got this. I just thought he might need help." smiled Y/N patting her shoulder.

"But-"

"I'm not afraid of him. I can protect myself, okay?"

With that she flew off leaving her speechless and worry.

"Hey, there! Red, right?"

"Huh?" confused Red looking around to find no one.

"Up here."

Following to where the voice was coming from. He jumped in surprise to see the bird flying above him.

"Woah! You're flying! You can actually fly?!"

"Well yeah I fly! I was born to fly! I'm new here in this village. The name's Y/N by the way."

"Red. Since you already know, I just thought of introducing myself as well. I'm surprised that you're the 2nd bird that can fly like Mighty Eagle. I wish could fly. So that I can be far away from everyone." he muttered the last part,

"Well I'm flattered. And what did you say?"

"Nothing nothing."

"Mind if I follow you? You look like you could use a help. Maybe a friend in need?"

Red looked at her with shock and hope.

"I mean if you don't want to then..."

"It's alright. I would like that for a hundred years of my life. No one have ever ask me to be my friend...ever since they all don't like me..."

Y/N frowned to hear that.

"Oh. Did something happened?"

"I'd rather not talk about it.."

"I see. Well come one let's go to wherever you're going to."

She stopped her wings and landed to the ground walking with him side by side. Through the path theh notices the birds holding their eggs with the straps around them doing the poses like pigeon and crane pose. Outside of the classroom by the windoe there were eggs in their nests facing the teacher as he told the story of Mighty Eagle. Y/N smiled at the thought of him knowing that he is a hero for saving her life and being a dad.

"Hi, Red! Oh hello there, Y/N! Is one of them yours?"

"W-What?!" blushed the two birds.

"Oh no, miss! You got the wrong idea! We're just friends!"

"Oh sorry. But it looks like that you two would be made for each other. Just saying and maybe someday you will."

"T-Thanks. We gotta go.."

Pushing Red who was frozen while blushing dragging him away. They're now by the big hut. It's a class for anger management that he had told her about. Outside of it was a bird dummy with a creepy smile as it swayed laughing holding the welcoming signs. Y/N was disgusted and creeped out at the same time. A heavy breathing made her turn to find Red shaking in anger, clenching his fists. It looks like he is ready for a blow. Nothing happened as he took a quick deep breath. She sigh in relief not wanting to get trouble, heading to the door. Unknown to you, Red was following her halfway when he couldn't take it at the dummys laughing as he ran towards it tackling yelling "Die".

Turning around seeing Red fighting it ripping it apart pushing it to the ground before grabbing it spinning it around. He made it hit against the wall of the hut as he ran over elbowing it till it stops moving and laughing. Carrying back to where the stands are placing it with the sign on it that says "smile". You are left speechless while the mom and her son bird saw the whole scene quickly walking away feeling that the anger might be contagious.

"He started it." blamed Red which made her mentally face palm.

He walked back to where you stood with you follwing him again.

"Thanks actually for destroying that dummy. It give me creeps."

"You're welcome." smiled Red as he mocks the dummy's laugh.