Chapter 8 ~ What's Happening?

For the past few days, the pigs began to settle in, setting up the stuff, and making themselves at home ever since they arrived. Y/N and Red began to worry what the pigs are gonna do even that Leonard character. You are walking in town to take a break from flying when you bumped into Red. You guys are heading off to go grab some lunch as they walk together. On their way, they were stopped at the cross walk, to let the chicks cross. But it was different than before. Instead the chicks were being carried by the pigs.

"Piggyback rides? Oh boy.."

"I know, right? Because they're PIGS."

Red chuckle at your joke. When they were gone, they continue to walk and see the group of pigs with the judge, standing in front of the nursery for eggs. They want to do a group picture. They huddled up and began to smile.

"Everybody say cheese!"

"Cheese!"

"-omelet.." Leonard said in hush tone to Ross who laughs at it.

Y/N though heard thinking what the heck is cheese-omelet. That made her even more suspicious. Leonard noticed you, giving you a smile and wave at you. You flushed and look away telling yourself no and no to never fall for that. Red pulled you away seeing him do that glaring at him, earning a smugly look from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you two went to grab lunch, the group of pigs launches at the table and ate them all up. Y/N's eyes widen in disbelief same as Red who only get to receive an apple. A short pig comes up and licks the apple off Red's plate, disgusting them. Chuck jumps on, dressed as a cowboy, dancing while singing a little on the table. You shook your head at his ridiculous behavior.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N is sitting on top of the branch of the tree, reading the book she got from the boat earlier. Turning the page as she read it.

"So I am a Spix's Macaw. And some may survive by breeding in order to bring the two of them together to save their species. I never knew. So that's why I'm still alive.. I can't believe they would die from survival in the wild." she mumbled.

She turned the next page not noticing someone from behind was listening while someone else is walking towards her in front.

"Wow. Interesting. Our beak and tongue are powerful. Huh.."

"Hey, Y/N! What are you doing up there?" someone called and she looked down to find Stella.

You flew down with the book in your hand.

"Just reading. It's about....my kind."

Stella looked at it and frowned to see your expression.

"What happened to your family?"

"Don't know. But I do know that all of my kinds are dying from wild for unknown reasons. It's not fair. And now I'm the only Spix's or Blue Macaw that's left." Y/N explained looking down.

"That sounds awful. What if they are still out there?"

"If they are, I don't know what I would do. But this Bird Island have given me real home. I have you and others. That's all I want." you said brushing out the sadness.

Stella smiled at you even though she doesn't know you that much, she's happy for her to get a life she want.

"Oh and what brings you here?"

"Ah! I came here to ask you to help me with serving. If you're not busy that is."

"Nah I'm free. Let's go."