FEAR

Fear is something that controls your whole being. Fear is a battle you fight but it always wins.

Fear grips to tight like it is like a Vise grip tighting on you each day.

Fear gives you no hope to fight. It lies to you. Fear tells you to trust no one and trust nothing.

Fear tells you it can protect you. But does it really? Fear is the voices telling you lies of people and how bad you are.

Fear is strong, but in the end who are you really fighting for.

When I was 16 I was raped. They took my first time away from me. I only wanted my first time to be with someone I loved and that was my first love.

Thats why I wrote Fear. Fear that my first boyfriend would not want me anymore.

Fear that I was disgusting and misused. It felt like no one believe me even the cops when I made a report.

What did I do so wrong to have this done to me. I even gave them names who done it.

But nothing happened to them. It made me feel like a liar. But I wasn't.

My sister would tell everyone that I was not her sister. I had no one to turn to.

But someone did reach out to me. Her name was Shelly. Her mom became a second mom to me.

But I always had that fear. I always would think that someone was watching me or following me.

What a way for a teenager to live her life in fear.

A poem of fear