"just one call away" (requested)

You sat at the kitchen table trying to go over more stuff for the wedding in a couple months. Taylor was in the kitchen making dinner so you felt like it would be the perfect time to go over some things. You heard her phone ring and you felt your heart drop a little when Andrea's cheery voice was heard. You closed your laptop and walked upstairs. You felt a little jealous and lonely, a little abandoned considering you knew that you wouldn't get that with your mom, or with any of your family at all.

Your parents have never been supportive of you and your relationship with Taylor. It was devastating and you knew that you wouldn't have with your mom what Taylor has with Andrea. But it was still hard on you and you've really been trying to play it cool, but it was getting harder and harder to hide the emptiness and abandonment you felt in your heart.

You heard Taylor's footsteps on the stairs before she entered the bedroom. "You okay?" You nodded your head, biting your lip to hold your tears back as the pain that you've been feeling for so long now started to show. She sat down on the bed next to you and reached for one of your hands, rubbing her thumb along your knuckles. "Talk to me." You tried to hold it back but you sobbed, feeling so overwhelmed. "I just feel a little lonely" your voice was quiet and was clearly filled with pain and Taylor felt like her heart was breaking. "Why?" You sniffled and wiped away your tears only for them to fall over again. "I just, I see how you are with your family and I don't have that with mine. I know I shouldn't feel that way but-"

"Hey shh. You have every single right to feel that way. I know it's hard on you and I'm so sorry. But you do have people to talk about things like this with. You've got my family who are also your family. My parents and my brother love you so much, y/n, almost as much as I do." You leaned your head on her shoulder and she rubbed your back. "I just wish my family was as supportive as yours is. I hate knowing I'm not gonna get to have a daddy-daughter dance with my dad or get advice from my mom if we ever have kids. I won't be able to get advice on how to take care of them when their sick for the first time. It's hard. It hurts."

Taylor held you in her arms as you cried for a few minutes before she went back downstairs to give you some space. She had an idea though and she called her mom to help put it together as soon as she got back downstairs.

"Where are we going?" You asked Taylor as she drove down the highway. It's been a few days since your conversation with her and after a few days of planning with her family, they managed to arrange something really special for you. "It's a surprise." She kept her right hand laced with yours as she continued to drive.

You arrived at a little building and Taylor grabbed your hand as you walked inside. The lights were turned on and you saw Scott, Andrea, and Austin standing around. You looked back at Taylor and saw her smiling at you. You turned back around and saw Scott walking over to you. "Taylor told us how you were feeling." You lowered your head but Scott put his hand on your arm and you looked back up at him with tears in your eyes. "I know the wedding isn't tonight but I figured maybe you'd like to dance with me?"

You sniffled and Taylor helped you take off your shoes before walking over to Andrea and Austin, pressing play on the stereo as Scott put his arm around you and let you rest your head on his shoulder. "I know it's hard on you not having your parents by your side for this. I know you must be so devastated, but I love you and Andrea loves you and Austin loves you - we all love you y/n. You don't have to worry about not having your family around and helping you when you need it most or if you need a shoulder to cry on, we're here for you and we will always be here for you whenever you need us, okay?" The tears were streaming down your face and you couldn't stop yourself from giving him the biggest hug you've ever given him.

He reciprocated the hug right away and when the song ended you went over to Andrea who instantly pulled you in for a hug. "If you need me, anytime - day or night, I am always only a phone call away,
y/n. I will always be here for you." "Thanks mom." Andrea chuckled and pulled you in for another hug. "You're welcome honey." You then walked over to Austin and he picked you up, twirling you around in his arms and you both giggled. He has always been like a brother to you, from the first time you met him, he has always accepted you for everything you are and has always had your back, loving you like a sister and he always would. "You okay?" Austin put you back on the ground and poked your ribs making you giggle. "I'm good. Thank you, Austin." He nodded and smiled as you walked over to Taylor, her arms wrapping around your back.

"Thank you Taylor. For all of this, for everything. For always knowing just what to do to make me feel better and for loving me for who I am." Taylor smiled and kissed the top of your head. "Always, darling." Sure, you didn't necessarily have your family, but it was very clear that Taylor's family love you and they would always love you. You know that you're truly so lucky.