Chapter 6 (Rewritten)

Later that evening, dinner time came and you watched the rest of the cadets talk amongst themselves. 

You envied their conversations and laughter. You wish you could be like that again. But no matter what, you found it hard to form words. 

"Y/n? Are you okay? You barely touched your food." Mikasa asked. 

You turned to her and just nodded. Lost in thoughts again. You picked up the bread from your tray and nibbled it slowly. 

"Hey, you're Y/n, right!?"

You looked next to me to see a girl with brown hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes. 

You nodded, who the hell is spreading rumors with your name?

"We saw the way you fought back at the training grounds. It was amazing!"

We? You looked to see a boy with a shaved head and yellowish eyes. 

"Yeah. You were totally awesome. Where did you learn those moves!?"

They both leaned in close to hear, you just gave them a deadpanned look. They should know from the rumors that you're not much of a talker. 

But you'll humor them with your journal. 

"Hey, give her some space guys." You heard a sweet voice say. 

The three of you looked behind to see a boy with black hair, tan skin, and cute freckles. Wait...? Cute? You felt yourself blush a bit. 

"You're making her uncomfortable." he looked towards you. 

"Are you okay? I'm sure they didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

His eyes looked at mine expecting an answer. You looked at Armin and signaled him to hand over your journal. 

You kept misplacing it so Armin decided to keep it on him for you. 

"Ah, I'm sorry. Y/n is non-talkative. She's not trying to be rude." Armin immediately spoke. 

"Oh...oh! We're so sorry! We heard about it but we completely forgot!" the girl with brown hair quickly apologized. 

"Yeah, what she said." the shaved head boy replied. 

"We hope we didn't hurt your feelings in anyway." the boy with cute freckles stare at you with deep concern. 

"My name's Sasha." the girl said holding bread. 

"The name's Connie." the boy with the shaved head added. 

"My name is Marco. I'm guessing your name is Y/n, right?"

You nodded. 

'I like your freckles.' You wrote. 

"O-oh! Um, thank you?" Marco cheeks heated up a bit, he seemed more confused and taken aback. 

"Shit, was that wrong of me!?" 

The look on your face didn't go unseen by Marco. 

"A-ah...it's fine! I appreciate your compliment! Thank you." Marco tried to be calm. 

You stared at Marco for a few moments before turning to Sasha and Connie and I noticed some crumbs on Sasha's cheeks. 

You leaned forward and brushed the crumbs lightly away from her face, she flinched, not expecting that action. 

"You had crumbs on your face."

"Oh, thanks."

"You wanted to ask about my fighting skills?" You wrote again.