Chapter 55 (Rewritten)

"So...this is the festival?" you thought to yourself as you watched people bustle around.

It's been a few days since your last outing, the reason you kept yourself hidden was in preparation for the Paradis Island attack on Marley.

The reason was the others didn't like that you were moving freely out in the open was because of Eren. He suddenly disappeared, causing everyone to go into a panic. You were told to be kept on lock-down yourself, which is why they weren't too keen when you snuck off that one time.

You wanted to find the whereabouts of your family. How was your mother doing? You're sure the news of you becoming a traitor could have reached her. Knowing her, she was probably happy she was proven right. She never wanted you to become the next holder.

But your primary concern was Emma. You needed to find a way to get in contact with her. You hoped that she was doing well, and the news wasn't causing her to go into a panic. 

Though your friends have tried to calm you down, you were still determined to at least find word about your parents.

So, you've been writing personal letters to Eren, and he agreed that at his time in the rehabilitation center. He'll try to find some word about Emma and maybe get you in contact with her. 

For some time, Eren has been sending you some personal letters, each of them becoming more and more embarrassing to read.

As the sun began to set, time for the attack was drawing near. You decided to head out early to make your way to the docks, Armin was set to meet up with you later in the evening. But on your way towards the docks, you decided to roam around the festival. 

"Well hello there, miss. Would you like anything from here?" you glanced over to find a man holding a stand full of unfamiliar food.

My mouth watered at the food. I looked back at the man and nodded.

"Uh-huh," you agreed. 

"Here you go, miss. Enjoy!" the man handed you your food and you immediately dug into it.

"Mmmm~! (⌒¬⌒*)"

"Soo good~!(≧∀≦)"

"Watch out!" You felt a fast force bump into you. The food you bought dropped to the ground. 

You whipped your head around and made contact with a familiar boy. Falco Grice. Of course he'll be here. 

"O-oh! Miss! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Falco apologized. 

"Are you hurt!?" he asked. 

"Falco, it's okay." you spoke. 

"How did you know my---wait! It's you!" he pointed out. 

"Nice to see you too." you mumbled. 

You looked down at the ground and frowned sadly at your dropped food. 

"Nooooo my fooooood (இ﹏இ'。), it was so good..."

Falco noticed and immediately felt bad. 

"Oh no! I dropped your food! I didn't mean to, I swear!" he continued. 

"I-I'll make it up to you-really! I-" he continued to ramble. 

"Such a cute boy...he reminds me of that little boy from my years as a trainer. I wonder how he's doing now...?"

"Hey! Falco! There you are!"

You then noticed four other kids running towards him, along with another person who made your blood turn cold. 

"No way...it couldn't..." You saw a familiar blonde male approaching your direction.