Chapter 24 (Rewritten)

You found yourself feeling a bit better after that moment. You learned something new yet expected of your squad mates. 

In that moment, they were just afraid. Eren's titan abilities was something new none of you can understand. It couldn't blame them for being afraid and tense towards him, but that didn't make their actions okay. 

And later, they knew it was wrong to say those things to Eren. And thus did a weird apology that made you all feel better. 

"Hey, Y/n. You got some time?" Eren asked. 

Your eye shifted about, but you waited for him to continue. 

"I was wondering if we could talk--or did what we did the last time. By the stairs."

You nodded and the two of you went into your sort of secret spot. 

The two of you sat down, there was an obvious awkward silence between the both of you. 

"Tomorrow's the expedition. We'll get to see Mikasa and Armin again. And we'll finally get to see what's outside the walls." Eren suddenly brought up.

Your eyes slightly widened, you never thought of that. 

This is really it. After so long at staring at them; the walls. You'll see what is on the other side. 

"Of all people, I thought you would at least be a lot more excited than that." 

"(--;I would be if I wasn't so tired..." 

You yawned and Eren chuckled.

"Come on Y/n, don't fall asleep on me now." he nudged your shoulder. 

"Ugh...fine..."

You turned to face him, giving him an annoyed look. 

Eren stares at your face for a few moments before his eyebrows furrowed. You grew nervous.

"(・・;), uhh...something wrong Eren?"

"Do you keep your eyepatch on you all the time? I mean, I know I'm not supposed to pry. But I never seen you take it off."

You felt yourself tense up immediately but then let out a sigh. This was bound to come up eventually. 

"No, that was probably stupid. You lost your eye, of course you can't take it off."

Not exactly. The reason for your eyepatch was because one eye was a different color than the other. It was noticeable too and you got a lot of stares in the past because of it. You were reminded by your eye every time you took it off. 

You closed for eye for a moment, debating whether or not Eren should see. You could sense he was curious but didn't want to seem rude prying. 

With one more sigh, you began to untie your eyepatch. Eren's eyes widened. 

"Wait! What are you doing!? Hey, no--! You don't have to!" He grabbed onto your hands to stop to. 

You shook your head. You wanted him to. 

"Are you sure...?" Eren asked one more time. 

You nodded before undoing your patch from the back. 

Your eyepatch was now in your hand, you moved your hair slightly out of the way. Eren's breath hitched as he faced you. 

"W-woah! Your eyes! They're--different. I didn't know that can---" Eren stopped himself. 

Typical reaction from him. 

"Sorry," he muttered, realizing he might have offended you. 

"It's just...wow..."

Eren opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, looking away. Your heart sank.