Chapter 50 (Rewritten)

"We don't have all day, girl! You must drink this!"

"She's only a child! You can't make her do this!"

"She doesn't have a choice. If she's to inherit the family titan, then it's her duty to prepare her body for it."

Your face gazed up a two shadow figures of women. One to your left spoke in a harsh and sharp tone. Her voice sounded older. The woman to your left spoke in worry and slight softness. Her voice was younger sounding, possibly in her teenage years. You remained quiet, trembling a bit at the situation. 

"Listen to me, Y/n. It's okay. It's your choice if you wish to do this. I can convince grandfather that you still need more time!"

"You hold your tongue! You have no say in this!"  you saw the woman turn to you. 

"Your sister loves your very much. She wants what's best for you after all. Do you love her as well?"

"Mother, please! Y/N, you don't have to--!"

"My question was for the girl. Well...do you, now? What about me, your mother? Your father. Grandfather? The rest of our family? Being a noblewoman and the next holder of our titan is more than just wearing those pretty dresses and flashing your status." your "mother" continued. 

"There are dangerous people that lie outside. Monsters on an island that are the reason we are cursed with this titan. The reason our family was almost wiped out! These monsters will hurt you. Hurt me, hurt your sister, your maids, our family! They'll take everything you love from you."

Hot tears dripped down your face as you choked out a sob. You didn't want that. Were they really going to hurt you! Hurt everyone you hold dear!?

"Shh, shh. Hush now, my dear. You don't have to be afraid nor have to worry. After all, your grandfather has chosen you to become the next holder of our titan. Your only way of defeating the monsters who wish to hurt us all." She wiped her tears before rummaging in her pocket. She took out a small bottle and opened it up. 

"Here, smell this." she held the bottle close to your nose. You gagged and recoiled back. 

"Foul, isn't it?"

"Mother, please! I'm begging you, please don't!" your "sister" begged. 

"Our titan is rather powerful. Not only is it able to resist the curse of the Founding titan, but it is said to be a representation of life. Connected to all Eldians. But to master its abilities, you must prepare your body to withstand its ability. If you don't prepare yourself now, you can possibly hurt yourself from using its power." she gestured to the bottle. 

"This is a rare poison. It's possible that if you can train your body to withstand poison, the venom will carry out as a possible power to your titan. Imagine it. Being able to possibly poison your enemies. The monsters that wish to hurt you."

You gulped. Wouldn't you die from just drinking it? Was she mad!?

"Don't worry. This bottle only contains a small portion of poison. You'll be drinking this amount whenever I tell you. Soon or later, the poison won't be able to hurt you anymore."

"Mother you can't! She's a child!"

"She's the next in line! Drink it...now!"

You had no other choice. You took the bottle from her hands and drank it all. You let out a gasp once you finished. 

"Very good, my dear. I'm so proud of you." your mother placed her hand on your cheek. You wanted to smile. 

She was proud of you. She never said that before.