Chapter 12 (Rewritten)

(Old A/N~Sorry I haven't been updating. One of my teachers don't know how to teach and decide that giving homework about something we never went over in class is a good idea. Anyways...here's an update. I'll try to update more frequently.)

"That should be the last of it." Krista said as she placed a small amount of your clothes on the floor. 

"Is this your stuff, Y/n?"

You nodded as you dangled your feet from the top bunk. Today was the day you would be riding to HQ. Shadis said a carriage will be coming to pick you up and I'll be riding with Captain Levi on the way to HQ. 

Of course that wouldn't happen later today, which was approaching fast. You didn't want to leave. Not yet. 

You jumped down from the top bunk as Mikasa gathered the last bit of your clothes. 

"You should be all set. I can't believe you're leaving today..." Krista's voice trailed off. 

She looked up at you. 

"Although we didn't really get to know each other that long. I'm going to miss you." she smiled slightly. 

You sniffed the air to see if she was faking her emotion. You were surprised that some of what she was feeling was real. 

You approached her and brought your hand up to her head, giving her a head pat. You held up your journal with your other hand. 

'Thank you' it said on one page. 

Krista was surprised by your actions and her cheeks lightly turned pink. 

"Y/n. Let's go." Mikasa called you. 

"Hmm." you hummed lightly and followed Mikasa out, you heard Krista about to say something, but you were already far from her range. 

*Time Skip*

"Awwww...why are you leaving today??? Who's going to share their food with me now???" Sasha whined as she swayed you side to side while hugging you somewhat tightly. 

"Is that seriously all you're going to miss her for, Sasha!?" Jean yelled. 

"No, of course not! She's my friend too!"

"Sure..."

You weren't paying any mind to them. Your only attention was on your three friends as they talked amongst themselves. Were they still worried? Are they talking about you?

Armin noticed you staring and turned his head away, his cheeks a soft tint of pink. You slightly raised an eyebrow. 

What's his problem?

"Hey...Y/n?" You reverted your attention back to Sasha, who apparently let go of you. 

"Since you're leaving today...I want to share some of my food with you." she hesitatingly brought out a potato and handed it to you.  

You smiled slightly but noticed how she was struggling to take part of the potato. You let out an amused sigh and gently took it from her. 

She allowed you to take it. You didn't need to sniff to know what she was feeling. She was not happy with sharing at all. 

Feeling a little pitiful, you broke the potato into two equal pieces  and handed her one piece. Her eyes immediately lit up as she quickly grabbed the piece and dug into it. 

You bit into your potato, savoring its taste with every spare chance you got. You have no idea what the food the Survey Corps will serve. It can either be terrible or better. You're not taking any chances.