Chapter 48 (Rewritten)

*THUD*

Eren whipped his head around. 

"Y/n!?" 

You stood a few feet away from him, panting out of breath. Your face was sweaty and your legs wobbled as you tried to keep your balance. 

"Are you okay!? What the hell were you thinking!?  You shouldn't even be standing!" he said. 

"Don't try to lecture me about being careless!" you thought. 

You looked around frantically, looking for Armin. 

Your eyes landed on his figure, you rushed over to him. 

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Eren called out. 

You fell to your knees as you examined Armin's form. He was still hot to the touch, his clothes soaked with sweat from the heat. 

You hissed as you can make out pretty bad burns, but he looked okay. You let out a sigh of relief. 

You wobbled, feeling immense relief. 

"Woah..." Eren caught you as soon as you started to lose your balance. 

He rested your head against his shoulder, his hand reaching for your face. He wiped it gently. 

"...!!" You quickly realized how close he was. 

"You still had blood on you." he explained. 

"Oh..."

"Got to hand it to you. You're definitely more experienced than me. When I first transformed, I felt so weak and tired. Transformations take a lot of energy out of you." Eren said. 

'Another reason why I'm better than you.'

Eren chuckled. 

"Still cracking jokes at a time like this?"

You nodded. 

Eren turned his attention to Armin. 

"I should have known this would happen....but we stuck to his plan anyway. Out of all the events we faced...why didn't he run away when he had the chance..." he turned back to you. 

"If it wasn't for you, he would have been completely burned. That was your plan all along? We were just distractions?"

'It worked, didn't it?'

Eren sighed. 

"Yeah...it did." he defeatedly admitted. 

You wanted to continue to pester him, but you heard loud thumping from far away. 

The cart titan jumped on multiple houses and made its way towards you, you quickly went to defensive mode and braced yourself. 

"Dammit!" Eren cursed. 

Eren was quick to act too, as he grabbed Bertholdt's unconscious body and held his blade up to his throat. 

At this point the cart titan was right in front of you, its red glowing eyes staring at the both of you as you noticed the male riding on top of it. Your eyes slightly widened. 

Is this the man who possesses the Beast Titan? Your eyes grew blank as you had a sense of familiarity when seeing him. 

....

"Just try and come closer! Make one move to take him and I'll slit his throat!" Eren threatened. 

"I've found you two...Eren Yeager and the traitor Y/n L/n, right?" the blonde male said.