|Prologue|

Vincent was frustrated. The Alpha male felt trapped between a rock and a hard place- ever since he had come to his friends pack- Alpha Adam Wayne- he had felt as if he had been challenged more than usual. First he had to come to terms with the fact that his mate might be one of his best friends newly found mate, the human woman Leora, and now Adam couldn't even give him solid confirmation on whether he would be able to help his pack!

It was almost too much to cope with, a part of him was determined but he also felt that it was his duty as an Alpha and a friend to tell both Adam and Leora of his suspicions when it concerned her as his mate too. It was something he wanted to avoid as much as he could, not wanting to ruin his friendship with Adam, but he didn't know what else to do.

It had never been heard before- of two males having to share a mate. It went against most of what wolves were taught. There was even a tragic tale of such an occasion that explained why it was never to happen!

He could only suppose that if it were truly the case that he had incurred the wrath of the Goddess somehow... But the problem was that he couldn't think what he had done to anger the Goddess so as to cause such punishment.

He was a good Alpha, cared for his pack and did what he deemed just and fair. Sure, he had one hell of a temper, but he was getting better at controlling it and his Beta was always there to remind him of the most rational course of action.

"Can't you convince her?" His voice came out a tad more gruff and desperate that he had intended.

"I can't coerce her. I'm too close to the decision to give her advice, it wouldn't be fair." Adam told him both calmly and with steel resolve.

It was rather frustrating, but Vincent knew that Adam was right. He always admired how honest and ethical he was, always thinking with his head before his heart- or like Vincent, his fists. It would be dishonest on his part to try to sway his decision, and as a man who prided himself on his integrity Vincent had no intention of trying to swindle his friend. He let out a small sigh, a newfound tiredness setting over his features.

Perhaps there was another way that they could deal with the situation facing them. He was about to speak once again but the door opened to reveal none other than Leora and the scent that had been plaguing him close by her.

He was alarmed when he notice two more human girls trailing behind her, and instantly cursed at his folly when his attention was instantly caught by one of the girls who entered the room. The first girl was tall and visibly older than the second, she was a pale thing with dark red hair, brown eyes, and a fuller figure.

But the real angel that caught his attention was the one who seemed to be hiding behind her friend. She was much shorter, and contrasted with her friend in practically every way. Vincent couldn't help but take her in inch by inch in absolute wonder- she was stunning. Her wide hips and thick thighs were a sight, he could only imagine how it would feel around his waist as he buried himself in her. However what was most surprising, and caught his attention, was that flowery perfume that clung to her skin. He couldn't believe that he had mistaken Leora for his mate.

He barely noticed anything else beside the small girl who fidgeted nervously under his intense gaze. All he could do was stare at the girl in a mix of wonder and disbelief, he wanted to kick himself for ever doubting the Moon Goddess.

A surge of dominance surged through his veins, pushing him forwards as his beast tried to break out of his mental restraints. Like a half possessed man he stood, pushing his chair back so roughly that it fell. His voice cut through the silence: "Mine."

The small female- his mate- jumped, cowering behind her friend for protection against the terrifying Alpha that was looking at her like she was a little mouse he wanted to gobble up for dinner.