|09|

Spiraea stayed at the medical centre for a few more days under the watchful eye of Dr Analise and Vincent.

She had begun to keep down her meals, and had regained some colour to her features. Even after a mere five days she looked much better, though it didn't come without trials.

She had been frightened of the IV needles, and had to drink water every hour to keep her fluids up. The evenings were also a struggle as she couldn't sleep without Vincent beside her.

The first night, after Marianne, Jaxon and Fletcher had left, she had been exhausted from all the social interaction and had fallen asleep. Vincent seeing her peaceful had decided to head home to thier cabin to shower and pack a small bag for her. However he hadn't been gone more than 20 minutes before he had received a frantic call from Dr Analise explaining that Spiraea had woken up and panicked when he wasn't around.

After that, he made sure to stay by her side, holding her hand, even as she slept, so as to offer her physical comfort from their bond.

In the end Marianne and Jaxon had offered to pack bags for them both just so that they could have fresh clothes every day.

The days passed quickly, and Vincent was pleased with the girls progress. He had even managed to use thier time together to explain more about the pack and how it worked.

He told her about his position as an Alpha as well as the roles of Beta and Gamma. He even briefly told her about what the Luna does, but made it clear that he didn't expect anything from her until she was ready.

Spiraea had been somewhat overwhelmed by the entire thing. She found it strange to be relearning all the things she thought she had known. It was a difficult experience to realise that not all packs were like Damiens.

When they weren't interacting with each other, they were content with the silence. Vincent had plenty of work to get on with, and Spiraea enjoyed watching him as he worked.

She would catch herself focusing intently on the way his brow would furrow, or how he bit his lip when he thought, or how he would rub his chin in frustration. Every time she would gaze at him, he would find her staring at him, pinning her under a dark, intense stare.

It was so very domestic, and they both seemed to love it. Spiraea loved to hear him speak, the way he would command those he spoke with on the phone. Vincent loved the simplicity of having her beside him, whether it was just feeling her staring at him, having his hand on her in some way or just breathing in her beautiful fragrance.

The only thing that would make things absolutely perfect would be, to be in the confines of thier own home. Both Vincent and Spiraea were more than ready to get away from the medical centre.

The small girl was tired of doing nothing all the time, whilst the Alpha. was sure that the constant scent of disenfectant had burned away the hairs from his nostrils.

Dr Analise had already informed them that Spiraea would be discharged that evening, but they had to wait for a few more test results and further instructions before they could leave.

Both Spiraea and Vincent were somewhat relieved when Doctor Analise came back and gave the girl the all clear. She gave her a fluid target for each day to battle her dehydration as well as a meal plan to make sure she was eating enough. With time she would be back to a healthy weight and Dr Analise would be able to do further tests to make sure that she had no underlying health issues.

Vincent left with their over night bags slung over his shoulder, his hand on the small of the girls back guiding her out the door. The girl trembled lightly, whether at the man's touch or the light chill of the air she wasn't entirely sure. It wasn't particularly cold, but she was delicate; Vincent as vigilant as ever feared for her health. He tucked her under his arm, closer to the heat of his own body. He was internally berating himself for not thinking of having a warmer jacket that he could offer her.