|30|

Two weeks had gone by, and Vincent was particularly on edge. It was the day before the summit that he had arranged with the other alpha's.

The couple had taken Max home a few more nights after the last time. It had been enough times to convince Vincent to start converting Spiraea's old room into a nursery. All they had done for now was put in a small crib for him, using the dresser that was already in there for his things when he stayed.

Vincent wanted to take some time to completely refurbish the room, and had talked to his father about the project. Sean seemed more than happy to help, though they both agreed that it would have to wait a small while.

Spiraea had wanted to bring him home that night but she knew that both she and Vincent would need as much rest as possible for the summit. She had agreed to welcome the arriving Alpha's the next day, they would all share a meal together as was custom, however she politely declined to being apart of the meeting itself.

She knew nothing of being an Alpha, or the logistics of the topics they would be discussing. Besides hearing about Damien would only be upsetting for her— Vincent and Alpha Adam already had any relevant information she could offer. She much preferred spending the day either in the nursery or catching up with Marianne.

Vincent sighed, pulling her naked body closer to him. Her hand splayed on his chest, lightly rubbing her palm over his steady heart beat in the dark.

On the nights when Max wasn't around, or the nights when he wasn't as temperamental, the couple would rekindle their intimacy. It was always new, always different but every time Vincent took her, Spiraea felt a little more whole. It sounded stupid, but to the girl it was a huge step to finally be able to enjoy their bodies tangling with each other.

"What's wrong?" She asked him quietly. Even though she was never publicly a part of the packs business, it didn't mean that she wouldn't try to help privately. If he was bothered, it bothered her too.

"I'm just worried, I don't want to have a war on my hands but I don't see any other way of this ending."

"Forget this for now. When tomorrow reaches, you can talk to the other Alphas." Spiraea raised up to lean on her elbow looking down at him. "Besides you aren't alone in this. Things will work out as they must."

"I can't help it! I want to kill that son of a bitch. He has too much to answer for." He spat harshly, his voice cutting through the silence like a meat cleaver. "I keep wondering how many good wolves will die because of that bastard—"

"We will not talk of that man in our bed."

Spiraea leaned down to claim his mouth harshly, swinging one of her legs over to straddle him gently. She pulled away, her breathing a little erratic as she brushed her lips against his.

"And I do not want his blood on your hands. Not these hands that comfort and pleasure me."

Vincents heart softened— he would always want retribution for the man that hurt his mate, but he would also grant her wish. He would not taint his hands with the touch of that evil, for the sake of his woman, his soulmate.

He looked up to her, drinking in each detail of her flesh greedily– her plump lips, her pretty neck, the curve of her breasts down to her little pudgy stomach. Absolutely breath taking, every inch.

He felt himself harden below her, his tip nudging her wet nether lips. He could get used to this; he already had. The way she let him take her, the way she mewled for him. Goddess she drove him crazy.

Vincent groaned, his hand gripping her ass, kneading the flesh there gently. "I'm sorry. You're right, especially when you're sitting on top of me naked."