|29|

As soon as they got in, they headed straight to the kitchen. Vincent watched as the woman bustled about the kitchen cooking. He had tried to help throw together a salad, but seeing the mess he was making, Spiraea scolded him to sit down and wait.

With the lucky find of some leftover rice, she cooked up what was known as La Bandera. A dish if rice, beans, meat and salad on the side.

Vincent was absolutely fascinated with the familiar ways she moved around the kitchen, he loved how utterly relaxed she was. He loved how much she enjoyed it. There was a fluidity to the way she seasoned her pot, almost like dancing.

Before long she served up two plates, placing one in front of Vincent and the other to his right. She took her seat beside him, giving him a smile before digging in.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Vincent asked around a mouthful of stewed beans.

"Uh-uh, you first..."

She figured jumping right to 'let's adopt a baby from the nursery' might've been a fuelled way to start the conversation. She still wasn't entirely sure how he would react.

"Okay..." He trailed off, he gave her a suspicious look but humoured her nonetheless. He decided to start off slow, reaching over to take her hand in his.

He left a small kiss against her palm, smiling gently. A light sigh left his lips as he summoned the courage to speak. He barely noticed as his thumb traced an absent-minded patten over her knuckles.

The girl was slightly taken aback, she wasn't sure if the action was a comfort to her or for himself. She wondered what had him so nervous to speak to her. Vincent was never nervous, especially not with her.

"I kind of had a thought, because you said you don't want any of the traditional human marriage stuff. Well there's a ceremony that is usually held in the pack, called a Luna ceremony..."

Spiraea bit her lip, Vincents eyes immediately drawn to the sight. There was something sensual about it, but in that moment it only added to nerves that he didn't realise that he felt. He wasn't sure whether he should be quiet or keep explain himself.

"There's absolutely no white dresses, fathers or churches. I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you into it but I just thought it would be a nice idea." He stammered, actually stammered. "It's just something for you to think about. You do still need to be formally introduced to the pack."

Spiraea bit back her chuckle. She was actually touched that Vincent had thought to think of something that might accommodate them both, it was quite sweet. Not to mention his obvious nervousness at telling her too. Everything he did for her was endearing, it warmed her heart.

"That's a lovely idea," She blushed under his gaze. Her shy smile widening when she saw a smile break out on Vincents face too. "I love it."

"Alright, I'll speak to my mother and father. We can all arrange it together."

"I can't wait." Spiraea's cheeks hurt as she smiled, because it was true.

She had never pictured herself in this situation, ever. Her life had always been darkness and misery— but now so many new things were happening.

She supposed she was kind of engaged now by human standards... She couldn't wait to tell Marianne! Her best friend would be so excited for her, and of course she would have to help with planning this 'Luna ceremony'.

"Alright, your turn." Vincent smiled, enjoying every bit of the girls excitement.

The girls excitement dwindled slightly, it was her turn to be nervous. She didn't see why she was, considering that Vincent had basically just asked her to marry him, (kind of), she didn't really have any reason to be.