Chapter 15

"Can you move freely again?" Xan asked me quietly and I noticed the others looking at us confused. He must have been using my language.

I nodded only slightly, feeling the sensation back in every appendage. The paralyzer had finally worn off.

"Good," he said, "Because I want you to make a run for it."

I felt the rise of anxiety. Run to where? I grabbed his wrist tightly, knowing he could feel my concerns if I did.

"You'll know what to do," he reassured, but it only caused me more panic. How would I know what to do? I didn't know anything!

Suddenly he shot his laser at Alano, but one of the Vykas jumped in front to take the red beam. It absorbed into his chest and the only response he gave was an uninterested grunt.

Alano laughed. "You can't possibly be that stupid."

Xan almost seemed pleased by this response, quickly tapping a button on his gun before firing 4 more shots, each one for a different Vyka.

Alano laughed again, but Xan glanced at Neron, who nodded with a smirk. They held out their palms and suddenly sparks flew from where Xan had shot the beings.

The Vyka growled in discomfort and tried to charge, but the sparks intensified as both Xan and Neron stepped forward, brows furrowing in concentration.

The flashing lights extended out from each being and Xan brought forth his other hand, manipulating the electricity as it reached out from each being in a chained electrical current. His hands orchestrated a symphony of containment, interweaving their confines.

Neron threw his hands out to lasso the four beings to the side, where they growled and hissed like caged animals. Standing in the middle unprotected was Alano, who showed no form of concern.

"You fools," he muttered. "As if I was unprepared for government level Torians."

Torians can manipulate electrical currents.

I remembered Xan's words. So anything with electricity could be manipulated.

Alano reached out his hand and the electric confines began to loosen while the 3 of them had a battle of the minds. The Vykas thrashed and screamed, working with Alano to break free.

Suddenly, red sand from outside began to burst through the doors, as if a massive dust storm had popped up right outside. Before the room became darkened by the ruby sand, I saw in the corner of my eye the woman who was helping Neron standing posed with her hand to the sky. Was she doing this?

The sound of struggling was still evident amongst the Torians even as the blinding sand filtered with flashes of light from manipulated electricity.  I heard footsteps running passed me and out the door where the sand blew in. This must have been my moment to run too.

I felt a pang. I didn't want to leave Xan, but he said I would know what to do. I desperately hoped he was right.

I ran forward blindly, holding my hands out to feel anything in the way. My right hand brushed against the doorway and I pressed forward having a slight idea where I was.

I ran outside of the building and found the dust storm was non existent. Turning behind me, it became evident that the sand was both rising from the ground and cascading from the roof to flow inside the building. That woman had to be orchestrating this!

I turned quickly, seeing the golden-haired beings running away from the building.

Suddenly, a large black space ship appeared above. This one looked like a massive fighter jet and it glistened with a reflective coating, forcing me to believe it had been here all along. It lowered and the Roxan man with violet hair started ushering the beings inside quickly.  He must have ran outside in the dust storm to help these beings escape.  His eyes fell to me, urging me to come along as well, but I hesitated. I couldn't leave Xan.