13: Soulmates

**EDITED: 5/16/17**

"Emmett please; I've already told you a thousand times! I'm not going to do it." 

"Jasper does it for me."

"I'm not my brother."

"Clearly. He's obviously the fun sibling."

I glared at Emmett, rolling my eyes at the smug look on his face. "Fine. But only this once." I sighed. Emmett had been pestering me since last night at the wedding to show him what my powers can do and I've been denying him. I knew the extent of my powers, and even though I was a vampire, if I used them too much I end up mentally drained. But Emmett was annoying and persistent, and lucky for him I had nothing else to do.

Emmett and I walked outside and to the small stream by their house. Emmett and I spent a good amount of time outside, him telling me to make animals do weird things, and me complying. Eventually we both got bored and decided to make a contest out of hunting. Emmett won, but only because he acted like the animals he was hunting. I at least had my dignity still in tact when killing animals.

We walked back to the house, laughing at the one rabbit that I made tap dance when I noticed Jasper on the balcony, phone in hand.

"Seth called," he said once we got close enough to the house. I stopped in my tracks, waiting for him to finish. "He wants to meet you at 'the spot'."

"Ooo, 'the spot'." Emmett snickered and nudged my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, shoving him back.

"I'll be right back," I said and ran through the woods, easily finding the pond. I sat a few feet away from it and waited for Seth to show up.

"Hey," I looked up, smiling at Seth as he took a seat next to me. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and I realized that my clothes were ripped and bloodied from hunting with Emmett. "Please tell me you didn't murder anyone." He joked, but I could see the caution in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "I may have gotten a bit carried away while hunting with Emmett." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "So are you going to 'prove' to me that we belong together despite the fact that we're natural born enemies?"

"Yes," he didn't seem to falter at my sarcasm. "Wolves - we have this thing called an imprint."

Imprint

I frowned, recognizing the word. "Wait, Jasper mentioned that when we first met didn't he?"

Seth nodded, "yeah, he was pretty pissed too." He chuckled nervously. "I'm going to tell you what an imprint is, and everything will make sense."

"Okay."

"An imprint is like a soulmate. And shifters, when we see our imprint, we know immediately and our life changes. It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like... gravity moves. Suddenly, it's not the earth holding you here anymore, she does.... You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend. We become emotionally and physically bound to her." I blinked, speechless at how serious Seth sounded.

"You sure have a way with words," I said quietly.

"I may have reused the words, but the feeling's genuine," Seth grabbed my hand, making me sigh in content at how warm he was. "I imprinted on you, Annabelle. You're my imprint."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. "But I'm a vampire, you're mortal enemy. We can't be soulmates."

"We are though. I don't care if your a vampire or human or fairy," He shook his head. "We belong together, and the imprint is more than enough proof."