2

"No."

"No?"

"No. You're not going to prom." His mother stated firmly, not even sparing a glance at her son.

With knitted brows and a deep exhale, he refused to give in to her ways. "I'm going."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm going to prom."

"No the fuck you're not."

"Yes the fuck I am."

"Don't you dare cuss at me!"

"...Sorry." Jungkook mumbled.

"You expect me to pay for a suit and a prom ticket when you can't even keep your grades up? Who do you take me for?"

The highschooler had to keep his temper in to avoid further conflict. He hated whenever she brought his poor academic performance against him. It's not like he could help it.

"I asked you multiple times to let me go through tutoring-"

"Tutoring is a waste of money. You shouldn't need it if you weren't so stupid." She said so coldly that it almost made her son despise her.

Jungkook took a deep breath. There was no use in arguing with her when he knew they would only end up in circles.

She used to be a loving mother to the boy. Though their bond changed once Jungkook's dad left them when he was ten. Somehow she turned cold and he couldn't help but think that she blamed him for the disappearance of her husband.

Despite his conscience telling him that it's a bad idea to defy his own mother, he did. He didn't want to disappoint Taehyung. The older boy's the only person that's somewhat cared about Jungkook... at least that's what the junior convinced himself. There was no way he'd take a chance of losing him by canceling on prom plans.

"I'm going to prom." He repeated, turning around to head to his room. "I'll pay for my own ticket and suit."

"Don't come crying to me if things don't go your way!" The highschooler heard her yell right before he slammed his door.

Jungkook was surprised to see a certain brunet in the park in the middle of the night. He decided to go out for a walk to clear up his mind after he was sure his mother had already went to bed. But why was Taehyung out wondering at this hour?

"Taehyungie?" Jungkook softly called out, careful not to startle the boy. Though that's exactly what the boy did.

"God, Kook! Don't scare me like that!" The older whisper shouted, holding onto his chest.

"Sorry! I didn't think you would get scared." The boy apologized.

"Who the fuck wouldn't be scared of a five foot ten muscle pig bunny approaching you at 12 in the morning."

The younger shrugged and awkwardly shuffled his feet.

Taehyung sighed, laying back down on the bottom of the slide. "Stay with me for a bit, would you?" He patted the spot next to him.

Jungkook pouted, not wanting to stay out longer than he intended but having no choice. He sat on the slide next to the other and laid back like the brunet demonstrated.

"So what are you doing here?" The senior questioned, eyes fixated on the moon.

"Needed to clear my mind. You?"

He hummed. "Same reason as yours."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Not really much to talk about. You already know it's about Hoseok." The older airily laughed, rubbing his arms from the cold.

Jungkook noticed and immediately started taking off his jacket.

"Hey, it's fine." Taehyung insisted when he felt the other place a bundle of warmth on top of him.

"I'm not gonna let you freeze to death." The younger rolled his eyes, pulling his sweater's sleeves to cover his hands. "Who the fuck comes out this late in only a shirt and shorts."

"I forget things when I'm depressed okay. Let me be." The brunet whined, burying himself further into the large jacket. Jungkook chuckled, noticing how beautiful the other looked even with disheveled hair caused by the breeze.

They sat in the night's silence for a few seconds before one of them decided to speak up.

"You know, maybe I wouldn't be going through this heartbreak if I was dating you instead." Taehyung joked to lighten the dull atmosphere, chuckling to himself while Jungkook forced himself to do the same. "Speaking of dating, you're still going to prom with me next month right?"

The younger knew he'd have to beg his boss to let him work double shift at the coffee shop if he wanted the money to buy a prom ticket, let alone a fitting suit. He was so not looking forward to the month ahead.

But who could say no to those big hopeful eyes?

"Yeah." Jungkook sighed, mentally cursing himself for being so whipped for the brunet.