3

Jungkook's grateful that his boss let him work double shift.

No, really.

He loved standing around for hours when he could've been catching up on school work. The cranky customers coming in for their daily dose of coffee would have to be his favorite part. Don't get him started with the free sleep deprivation it provided. Thrilling, if you asked him.

His alarm went off, filling his room with that god-awful ringing sound. A groan passed his lips when he threw a pillow at the alarm clock, knocking it off of his nightstand.

The junior came back from work around 4 in the morning. Like seriously, who the fuck thought a 24-hour coffee shop was a good idea? Who even came up with this stuff?

A ding caused him to check his phone with one eye squinted open.

Tae <3:
Hoe wer u at?

Confused, he looked at the time displayed above the notification.

9:04

No no no!

How long had his alarm been ringing?!

"A-fucking-gain!" He angrily got up, quickly getting dressed, not caring if his outfit looked incredibly mismatched.

He grabbed his bag and slung it on his shoulder, a bit thankful that he never got the chance to take anything out last night. His grade would definitely have a different say.

His bathroom routine was done in 2 minutes, tops. At least he beat his 3 minute record.

Jungkook kept mumbling curses to himself while riding his bike until he entered the door to art class. It's a miracle that there was still 10 minutes left of class before the bell rang.

"Late again, Mr.Jeon?" The teacher announced in the middle of the junior sneaking to his seat.

The boy sheepishly sat on his designated stool next to Taehyung who raised a perfect brow at the sweaty mess of a male.

"Any homework to turn in, Mr.Jeon?" The teacher asked, once again putting the shy boy on the spot.

When Jungkook shook his head, the teacher sighed. "Late and no homework. Keep it up 'til graduation and you'll surely walk that stage."

The class snickered before turning back to their tests.

The teacher placed one in front of him before walking back to his desk.

Shit.

He completely forgot they had a test about lines and symmetry.

How was he supposed to do this in 7 minutes?

He felt a nudge to his side and a paper being discretely slid next to his.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung in surprise. He'd never done something like this... at least not for the younger.

The senior pinched the other's side and pointedly looked at the tests. Remembering that he didn't have much time left, Jungkook gave a small nod and started bubbling in the right answers.

Yes. Yes. He left some answers wrong to prevent suspicion. No need to worry. He may be stupid but he's not an idiot.

The bell rang the second the junior finished bubbling in the last answer and the teacher immediately called for all the papers to be turned in.

Ignoring the skeptical look that the teacher gave him when he handed in his test, Jungkook walked out of the room to be greeted by the brunet leaning on the wall with a lollipop in hand.

"You look like shit." Taehyung commented with a grin, throwing the piece of candy in the bin next to him.

"Gee, thanks. I was hoping for more of a dead look but that works too." Jungkook rolled his eyes, feeling the other walk by his side as they head to their next classes.

For the past 3 weeks the junior's been working nonstop. School in the morning, coffee shop in the afternoon until late at night. He'd be lucky if he got more than 3 hours of sleep and still manage to go to school on time.

"What's got you up all night, Jeon?" The senior smirked, teasingly elbowing the boy. Jungkook knew what he was implying, but he was in no mood for it.

"Work." The younger yawned, wishing nothing but extra hours of sleep. His body physically felt weak from exhaustion and his energy completely drained. A highschooler shouldn't be working a 12-hour shift everyday of the week while still going to school on the weekdays.

It just wasn't right.

And maybe that's why Jungkook blacked out in the middle of walking to English class. Thankfully Taehyung caught him in time before his body could hit the ground.

"Holy shit! You're one heavy motherfucker!" Taehyung groaned, struggling to hold up the slumped boy.