6

Jungkook smiled while he checked himself through the mirror. He didn't look too bad if he had to admit.

The suit fit him well and it was just the right price for his budget. A black turtle neck perfectly hugged his slim waist and pulsing biceps while he wore an old chain that his dad left behind to add an accent to the inner look. Wearing his shiny dress shoes, the suit jacket draped over his slightly muscular built acted as the final important detail to his wardrobe pick.

He looked good to say the least.

After parting his hair to get it exactly how he wanted it, he walked out of his room— but not before grabbing the box containing a small, simple corsage for Taehyung. Typically, a girl would wear it to prom instead of a guy but Jungkook knew how much Taehyung admired flowers. Just visualizing the brunet wearing it in contrast with his suit, standing with all his glorious beauty, put a faint grin on the younger's face.

Before heading out of the front door, his conscience started nagging him when he heard his mom chopping vegetables in the kitchen.

Yes, Jungkook and his mom were still not in good terms. During the weeks of double-shift, they've argued at least 3 or 4 more times about whether the sophomore was going to prom or not. It came to a point that the boy would just bring his work clothes in his bag and head straight to work after school just to avoid having to go in circles with her.

He peeked his head into the kitchen to see her chopping carrots while a pot of boiling water sat on the stove.

"Hey, mom. I'm going out now." He didn't want to leave without letting her know. It was the least he could do for disobeying her.

She didn't answer. Only continued to shovel the cut veggies in the pot. Great, she was still ignoring him. He sighed. "I guess I'll see you later... bye, mom."

Jungkook arrived in school to see a certain brunet standing outside of the doors.

Holy hell was he fine.

His suit was almost similar to the sophomore's but instead of a turtleneck, he wore a white button up with the top three buttons undone. His usual flat brown hair was curled into loose waves that made his features softer yet hotter.

How was that even possible?!

The younger was feeling giddy. That boy's his date and he's gorgeous. Taehyung Kim's devastatingly beautiful.

Finally picking his suddenly heavy balls up from the ground and tucking them back in his pants, he mustered the courage to walk up to his best friend.

"Hi." He greeted breathlessly with the biggest smile because somehow the senior looked even more breathtaking up close.

"Oh. You're here." Taehyung muttered, only taking a glance at Jungkook for a second to acknowledge his presence before going back to searching the halls for someone.

"You look good." The younger complimented, hands fiddling with the box behind him to calm his nerves.

"Uh, yeah thanks- anyways, have you seen Hoseok?" The brunet displayed a frown on his face, brows furrowed, as his eyes searched through the students walking into the gym doors.

"No..." Jungkook pouted. He expected the older to at least say something about his outfit. After all, he did dress up for him. But no, they were here for Hoseok. Yeah, just Hoseok.

"Hey, Taehyungie?" The brunet hummed but finally looked at him when he saw the younger reveal a box from behind him. "I got a little something for you."

Taehyung took it with a raised brow. "You didn't have to get me anything, Kook."

"I know, but I wanted to." Jungkook sheepishly grinned. It was a little expensive for a small fucking piece of accessory which he could've easily diy-ed with his mom's flower collection. But it's okay because the faint blush on the older's cheeks made it all worth it.

"That's- that's really sweet I guess." Taehyung played with the back of his hair out of nervous habit when the younger opened the small box to take out a white themed corsage. He slipped it around the older's wrist and smiled to himself.

The senior quickly pulled his hand off of Jungkook's, awkwardly clearing his throat, "Let's go get our table. He's probably running late." Before walking ahead to clear his mind because he refused to believe the fact that he forgot about Hoseok during that small skin to skin contact with Jungkook.

The two sat on a table next to Taehyung's old friends which was where he's expecting Hoseok to sit with Yoongi. Though the two seniors haven't arrived yet-

Fucking hell. He spoke too soon.

"Oh shit!" Taehyung beamed, frantically slapping Jungkook's shoulder who almost spilled his glass of water from the sudden burst of excitement. "Oh my god. He's so fucking hot in that suit, this isn't fair."

The junior looked at the table next to theirs to see Hoseok smiling to his friends while giving a firm bro hug to the tall, dimpled boy.

Jungkook's stomach churned when he didn't see a shorter mint head with him. Yoongi wasn't with Hoseok. But he thought they were going together?

He didn't miss the brief eye contact Hoseok and Taehyung had before looking back to converse with his short, pink haired friend.

Jungkook felt small.

The brunet wasn't wrong about Hoseok looking absolutely hot in his attire. His confidence and social butterfly status just adds to his already overflowing beauty.

The junior must've been delusional when he thought that he looked good in his suit because if he did then Taehyung would've noticed like he did with the other boy.

Suddenly he didn't feel so confident.

Fuck. He knew he shouldn't have worn a turtle neck to an important event. How stupid of him. His suit somehow felt too tight now and he's sure he probably caught the wrong attention. Felt as if everyone passing by him scoffed at his choice of fashion and the fact that he even had the nerve to show up to a dance when no one clearly liked him.

He shrunk in his seat.

Students were having the time of their lives on the dance floor while making memories with their high school sweethearts and friends.

On the other hand, Jungkook quietly sat next to Taehyung who was glaring at his empty plate. He looked like he was dealing with a crisis in his head.

The younger already tried asking him if he wanted to have a dance because that's what he imagined he would be doing in prom instead of sitting at a corner with his date who's too occupied with his thoughts to be present.

Taehyung of course said no.

Jungkook sighed. "I'm gonna go use the restroom, yeah? I'll bring us some punch on the way back."

The older only slightly nodded.

===

A/N: Merry Christmas  :)🎄🎁