4

"When's this bitch gonna wake up?" Jungkook heard someone mutter to themself before he felt a finger continuously poking his cheek, forcing him to groan in annoyance.

"Oh shit, it worked." The person proudly laughed.

"What the fuck?" The junior finally opened his eyes to see Taehyung sitting on a chair next to him. "Where am I?"

"Nurse's office." The older informed him. "Just saying, you're no where near light. Had to drag your ass all the way here. Almost broke my back for your fatass so you owe me big time."

Seeing Jungkook's face contoured with confusion, he decided to be a little more descriptive to ease the discombobulated boy. "You passed out, you bimbo."

"Oh." Was all the younger could say before the school nurse entered the room.

"Jungkook, was it?" She asked politely, standing beside Taehyung to hand the junior a glass of water.

Jungkook nodded, not realizing how dry his throat was until he chugged down the whole glass in one go.

"How much sleep have you gotten over the past few days?" She questioned and the boy looked at his friend who was eyeing him.

"Not much." He sheepishly answered.

"When's the last time you've gotten at least 8 hours of sleep?"

"About 2 or 3 weeks ago." The junior shrunk back in the bed when he saw Taehyung widen his eyes in shock.

"How about a full meal? A decent breakfast?" The concern in her tone was more than clear by now.

"Uh... about the same time?" Jungkook responded, unsure.

"Goodness, Jungkook! You need to start taking care of yourself!" The nurse scolded, patting his arm lightly.

"I'll try." He shrugged.

She sighed. "I'm sending you home early to get some rest. Cook yourself some food and relax."

"Thank you." He gave a forced smile before Taehyung pulled him out of the office.

"THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Taehyung smacked the younger's arm harshly but not enough to the point that it'd actually bruise. "No wonder you look like you had a week's shift in hell!"

"I'm sorry, jeez." Jungkook insincerely apologized as they exit the school premises. "Work's been busy."

It wasn't a full lie. Technically he was sleep deprived because of work but not because he was serving coffee every second of his shift. It was more because of the double hours he'd requested.

"Why do you have to work so hard over a damn macchiato? I thought you only got this job for spare money? Doesn't Mrs. Jeon pay for most of your shit?" Taehyung complained throughout the walk.

"I need the money this time." The junior shrugged before noticing the other's outfit and changing the subject. "Seriously, Taehyung? A shirt in this weather again?"

This time it was the older's turn to shrug, shoving his hands in his pockets from the cold. Jungkook sighed, taking off his sweatshirt and pulling it over the other's frame. It made the senior whine and it surprised the junior when he saw a tint of red decorating his cheeks.

He was perfect and for what???

"You're the one that's sick, Jungkook. You need it more than I do."

"It's fine, it's a farther walk to get to your house than mine." The junior insisted.

Suddenly the younger felt fingers intertwining with his. He took his eyes off the floor and stared at the brunet, wide-eyed.

"W-what-"

Then they're gone in a matter of seconds.

"I saw Hoseok's car passing by." Taehyung explained, seeming unfazed by the touch which was the complete opposite for Jungkook. "If we're going to prom together then we have to be convincing in front of him and his friends."

The younger only now realized the car that already passed and frowned. For show... right.

His heart had involuntarily stopped a couple times throughout the last few weeks whenever Taehyung became touchy for the sake of convincing others rather than his own satisfaction. The younger wouldn't have minded if he wasn't constantly being reminded that it was all fake. Just a plan to get Hoseok jealous. Right... all for Hoseok.

"Earth to Kook, you just passed your house." The senior waved a hand in front of the other, Jungkook's eyes widening in embarrassment as he looked back to see that he really did pass his stop.

"You couldn't have told me two houses ago?" The noiret whined, childishly pouting.

"Well... when we were next to yours and you didn't stop, I decided not to say anything since I found it funny. After one house, I contemplated on telling you or letting you walk me all the way to my house just to mess with you. And approximately half a house later, I took into consideration that you almost died in school not so long ago. So you're welcome." Taehyung displayed an exaggerated grin which only made the younger roll his eyes.

"Why are you coming with me anyways? It's not even halfway through the school day yet."

"I told the nurse that I'd take care of you while you were still unconscious. Makes me slightly grateful that you almost died cuz now I get to skip."

"I didn't die, I passed out."

The brunet scoffed. "Alright, you're wasting my precious nap time. I'm going now. I'll be paying a visit to the coffee shop later to make sure you stayed home and rested so don't even think about sneaking off to work."

"Yeah, whatever." Jungkook kept a composed exterior when he was actually feeling giddy that the older was somewhat showing that he cared for his health.

If he wasn't so sleep deprived, he would've considered purposely going to work just to see if Taehyung would actually check up on him.

But right now, he's one tired motherfucker and there was no way he'd pass on the opportunity to sleep.