5

Two days after the day Jungkook almost died— Taehyung's words, not his— the junior went back to working in the coffee shop.

To his relief, it was the last day that he'd be doing double-shift. Was he finally gonna be able to sleep on normal hours? Catch up on schoolwork? Maybe sneak in a pirated movie or two because he's a broke bitch?

But it would also mean another thing... paycheck. Which meant he'd be able to finally buy his suit if he added his previous savings for college.

Was he hyperventilating? Maybe.

The boy had already bought his ticket a couple weeks back to be eligible for the brilliant discount that the student body came up with. Thank god they spared the poor.

"Taehyungie!" Jungkook called out before hugging the brunet from behind. A couple students passing by looked at him weirdly and started not-so-discretely whispering to each other.

"Uh... hello to you too?" Taehyung said with a forced laugh, confusion contouring his gorgeous features as he noticed his fellow students staring. "What's with the sudden... touchiness? Was Hoseok around?"

Jungkook's arms fell to his sides when the older carefully unattached them from his body, looking uncomfortable as ever. "Oh- um... no. I just got carried away with my good mood. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Just.. if you do things like that then make sure Hoseok is around to witness it. The show's for him not for the irrelevants." The senior smiled and the junior weakly nodded. "Anyways, what's got you so happy?"

"Prom." The younger beamed, bunny teeth on display along with his usual shy exterior. "I've never been to any dances before. I can't wait to go tomorrow!"

"Eh, it's not as fun as people put it out to be." Taehyung shrugged. "But you've seriously never gone?"

"No... I had no one to go with." He bit the inside of his cheek, looking down at his feet.

Because you always went with Hoseok and his friends but never invited me. Was what he would've wanted to add. But nope. Nuhuh! Not gonna let anything ruin his day. Especially not sad memories.

"Oh..."

"It's okay! At least I'm going with you now."

"I guess." Taehyung once again shrugged before walking to his next class. Jungkook quickly caught up with him and the older arched a perfect brow at his direction. "Not sure if you're aware that your class is in the other direction, Kook."

"I know but you're shivering." The junior pulled out an extra sweater from his bag and handed it to the older. "I brought an extra since I knew you'd forget again."

And with that, the younger walked toward his own class, leaving the brunet to stare at the piece of clothing that he had pinned between his chest and arms.

Taehyung didn't notice the way his own heart skipped a beat at the small gesture.