12

The next day, Jungkook's mom let him skip school.

She felt as if the event from the day before was already too much for her son. Apart from that, she also agreed for him to stop attending school until she got his home schooling situation sorted out. A private tutor was also in the process of hiring to help the junior with his struggles with reading and numbers.

She meant it when she said she'd start being a better mother.

It gave a sense of happiness in Jungkook.

Right now, the boy was handing in his resignation letter to his boss.

"Why so sudden?" The man frowned, looking over the piece of paper.

"Personal reasons, sir." Jungkook smiled politely.

"Well..." the older sighed, placing his glasses down and pushing his chair back to stand up. "I can't hold you back but I hope the best for you, kid. You were one of the best employees I've had." He reached his hand out to shake the high schooler's who gladly took it.

"Thank you, sir." He beamed, pulling his hand away to tip his head as a small bow of respect.

"No, no. I should be thanking you." The boss chuckled before sitting back on his swivel chair. "Good luck with life, kid. Don't hesitate to come to me for any help, I'd be glad to offer my service."

They said their goodbyes before the junior walked out of the small office and into the front of the shop. He was greeted with the sight of Hoseok and his friends sitting in a booth. The boy forgot that they usually hung out in the coffee shop almost every tuesday after school.

Feeling brave and wanting to get things off of his chest, he walked toward them and tapped the redhead on the shoulder. Hoseok turned around and was surprised to see the younger.

"Oh! Jungkook, hi! Did you need something?" Hoseok greeted with his big, heart shaped smile.

"Um, can I talk to you real quick?" Jungkook asked, rubbing the back of his neck when his nerves caught up to him.

"Sure! Come, let me buy you a cup of coffee and we can talk."

"No, you don't have to-"

"I insist." The older patted his shoulder before excusing himself from his friends to lead the younger to the front of the shop. He ordered a cup of coffee for the junior despite his protests, before waiting near the pick up area for the drink.

"So what's up?"

Jungkook sighed. "I just wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to be the cause of your break up with Taehyung. It was really not my intention." He kept his eyes on his own shoes, hands folded securely in front of him.

"Hey, hey. Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong." The redhead ensured with a bright grin. "It was completely my fault for getting jealous. If anything, I should be saying sorry for getting you involved in this. I didn't know that Tae would get mad about it but I know he'll come through at some point."

The junior shrugged right before Hoseok's name was called by the shop worker. The boy thanked them before handing the warm drink to the raven head.

"So... you're not mad at me?" Jungkook questioned, taking the coffee in his hand.

"Of course not! You did nothing wrong, why would I be?" The younger shrugged ones again.

"Okay... then I guess I'll be going then. Thanks for the coffee, Hoseok."

"Don't mention it- oh, and hey, you're welcome to hang out with me and my friends any time. Taehyung too if he's comfortable enough." He gave the latter's arm a friendly punch before going back to his group of friends.

Jungkook smiled to himself, looking down at the cup in his hand.

This day wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

==

A/N: Next chapter might be the last, if not, then second to last :)