13

It's been two weeks since Jungkook hasn't shown up in school. Two weeks since the coffee shop incident.

Taehyung was getting even more anxious as the days go by. Sure, he's gone longer without talking to the younger but for some reason, this was different.

He felt utterly guilty.

Video's of the coffee shop incident did indeed spread around school and people still talked about it even when these sort of things usually die down after a few days. What made it worst was that the senior never received any hate. All the insulting comments, the nasty rumors, and the mockery were directed to the junior and the brunet could only imagine him scrolling through social media and getting unwanted hate from a random student he'd never even met.

He bit the inside of his cheek at the thought.

"Tae!" Someone called out, pulling the brunet out of his head. He looked up from his locker only to be greeted with that familiar heart shaped smile.

"Oh... hey, Hoseok." Taehyung gave a halfhearted smile which the older didn't fail to notice. The last time the two males had spoken a word to each other was when the brunet confronted the red head in the parking lot.

"Just wanted to check on you. You seemed a little off these past few weeks." Hoseok voiced out his concern, a pout unconsciously settling on his lips. It made him almost resemble a puppy.

"It's nothing. Just... worried about... someone."

"Does that someone go by the name Jungkook Jeon?" The older teased, wiggling his brows. Taehyung flicked his forehead and Hoseok groaned, rubbing the pain away.

"Unless you're Sherlock Holmes, drop the fucking investigation, chief." The brunet rolled his eyes, not noticing the fond grin on the other's face from hearing the sassy attitude the younger always sported. It didn't dawn on him how casual and not at all awkward their conversation was going. "But fine, that someone is Jungkook. He hasn't been showing up to any of his classes and it's been 2 weeks for christ's sake!"

"Wait... you didn't know?" The latter asked incredulously. He was both shocked and slightly amused.

"... Know what?" Taehyung questioned skeptically with a raised brow.

"Know that he doesn't go to this school anymore." Another voice chimed in from behind, slightly startling the brunet who accidentally shut his locker using too much force. "Damn, Jeon really didn't tell you? Knew I was more important than you."

"Shut up, Jimin. Don't you have somewhere to be? Heard Snow White's recruiting for an eight dwarf." The brunet retorted, earning a punch to the arm which would've hurt if his mind wasn't being such a distraction. Was what he did that bad? God he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he was the reason why Jungkook dropped out.

"How are you sure? When did he even tell you?" Taehyung crossed his arms, showing boredom when in reality he would really like to know.

"I've invited him to hang out with us at the coffee shop once or twice already and he told us he wanted to be homeschooled." Hoseok shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"And when the hell did you became buddy-buddy with him?"

"He apologized to me the day after you talked to me. I felt bad because, really, he did nothing wrong. And then from there on I found him pretty chill to be around with." The redhead explained before a text dinged through his phone. His smile appeared when he saw who it was from after pulling it out from his pocket. "Well, I gotta go now. I promised Yoongi to a Disney plus marathon and I'm already running late. See ya! Hope you'll start hanging out with us again, Tae." He patted both the males' shoulders before walking off, fingers typing a reply with that whipped grin stuck to his face.