CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [Part 3]

It was almost time for the next party but some things from last night were still on your mind. Why did they give you such a beautiful gift? And also, all there faces were looking at you like they saw a little puppy? But most of all they saw you brake down, at your weakest moment. They also saw you being selfish, one of the only things you didn't want to show them. And that made you hesitate a bit for going to the party. You were laying on your bed staring at the ceiling. It was already dawn so almost time. You knew now how to get there but you had this gut feeling that made you think you could get lost or that someone wanted to pick you up again. And now, different then last time, you wanted to take all the alone time you could get. Heck, why didn't you just call it off, make up an excuse, like that you were sick. But still, some lil' voice was telling you to go, to have fun with your friends. You raised your hand to the ceiling, trying to grab something that isn't there. Suddenly your phone began to vibrate. Your hand dropped from the air to your phone and you looked who was trying to call you.

Haruhi.

"Hello," you said a bit tired.
"O hi, I wanted to ask if you were going alone to the party."
"I don't know yet," was the only thing you said.
"Well, maybe we could go together?" She asked in a normal tone.
"I don't know," you answered after a second of hesitation.
"Why?"
"Well, I don't even know if I should go, I'm a bit tired," you lied.
"Is it about what happened last night?", she asked blankly.
You didn't answer.
"So it is about last night. Look you don't need to feel embarrassed or bad. Everyone can feel sad or frustrated at certain moments so don't feel bad about it," you could hear her honesty when delivering those lines. That reminded you of something.

Flashback:
You were sitting with Haruhi on a sofa somewhere at the Host Club. Haruhi didn't have any guests at the moment so you decided to take this opportunity to asks a question that has been on your mind for a while.
"Haruhi can I asks you something?"
Haruhi looked up from the book she was reading, probably for something for school.
"What is it?" She asked curiously.
"Well, why are you still dressing like a boy? I know you own a debt for the Host Club but you could still help them while being yourself."
She looked a bit surprised by my question but fastly gathered herself again.
She let out a sigh, "Look. What if you want to join a club which is mostly targeted for boys, are you going to change your style because of them?"

"No but, you did that didn't you?"
Haruhi suddenly noticed how much the question looked like her situation.

"Look what I'm trying to say is you don't need to change yourself to fit in somewhere. And yes, I may dress like a boy but that's my chose not of the boys, they didn't mind either. For me it's more important to dress like who you are and not what you are. Do you understand what I'm getting at?"

You blinked a few times, surprised by her honest answer.

"Yes, thank you Haruhi." She smiled at you, happy that you understand her, eventually she turned back to her books while you kept wondering about what she just told you.

-End flashback-

"Euhm Y/N, are you still there?" Haruhi asked a bit concerned.

"Ow yeah, I'm sorry, I was just thinking of something."

"Ok, I hope it wasn't something bad," she said still concerned.

"No, totally not," you said.

"Oké, now what do you think? You want to go with me together to the party?", she sounded happy again.

Before answering you thought of everything that happened yesterday. You didn't only think of the bad things but there were also good memories. Why shouldn't you go?

"Okay, I will go with you. But please don't leave my side. I'm not comfortable when I'm on my own," you said a bit hesitant.

Haruhi hesitated for a second but when she answered she sounded confident: "I promise!"