Chapter Twenty Nine

Xaviers POV

It had been four days since we had told Blaine that Anna could possibly find her parents. We had decided that we weren't going to do anything until Blaine was all healed up and out of the hospital. She agreed that there was no point in finding out where they were if she was still bed bound. If anything it would probably be counter productive for her as she'd just sit in bed and worry the whole time, feeling useless for not being able to do anything.

The day had finally come though, Blaine had been released from hospital this morning and, with strict instructions from the doctor on how and when to take her medication, we were off home.

We were now sitting in my living room, all staring at each other as we planned our next move. The one downside about Anna's ability to spirit walk was that she was as real there as she was here. In other words, if someone hurt her whilst she was in a spirit walk they not only hurt her soul there but also her body here. It was dangerous, especially when we didn't know what she was going into, but we had to have faith in the Mood Goddess to keep her safe . We had to believe that if things got to dangerous for Anna the Goddess would pull her spirit back into her body.

"So how will it all work?" Blaine asked as she continued to snuggle up into my side. I smiled down at her as her fly aways tickled my nose, but I didn't move them, afraid that she would move if she thought they were annoying me. It was as if the more contact I had with her the more the ever present void in my chest began to close, healed by her very presence.

I hadn't asked her about our bond yet, about whether she knew what type of bond we shared, but I knew I'd have to ask her soon. It would become obvious when we marked each other anyway and I think it would be best coming from me rather than someone else.

"Well to you it will just look like I've fallen into a deep sleep, my body will remain here but my spirit will be taken elsewhere by the Goddess. It used to happen randomly, the Goddess would just take me wherever she thought I needed to go, but over time I've managed to control it a little. I can now call upon the gift whenever it is required and I can control where I go... to a certain degree" Anna explained as she smiled over at Blaine.

If anyone knew how Blaine would be feeling in this second it would be Anna. She too had to live through her parents being kidnapped and taken away from her.

"Okay... so what do we do whilst you're in your sleep?" Blaine asked as she played with my fingers as they rested in her lap.

"Honestly there isn't really much you can do, it's more of a waiting game for you lot until I get back" she shrugged as she kissed Jax on the side of his jaw.

Jax was never okay with her doing something dangerous, let alone something where he couldn't protect her, but he knew his mate, once she had her mind set on something she was damn well going to do it.

"Right shall we get this party started then?" Anna asked as she got up and shooed Jax off the sofa so that she could stretch out and get comfy.

"I'm going to be by your side the whole time okay little mate? And I want you to promise me that if things get to dangerous or you start to feel unsafe in anyway you'll come straight back here alright?" Jax asked as he knelt on the floor beside her head, stroking her hair affectionately as he stared at her.

She smiled softly up at him as she nodded her head before taking a deep breath in and out to calm herself before she closed her eyes. She was out in seconds.

Looking over at Anna and Jax as he stared at her like she was the only think in the world, I realised how far I had come in the last month or so. Before I had met Blaine watching them would have been like a dagger to my heart, slowly twisting as I felt the pain of being mateless grow until I could no longer take it. But now, as I looked down at my perfect mate as she rested in my arms, I realised how lucky I was.