Chapter Forty Seven

I stared at my beautiful mate's face and sighed as I realised the weight of their death had been lifted from my shoulders. I couldn't wait to join them in The Garden but I couldn't help but hope that it wouldn't be for a very long time, until I was old and wrinkly with a still smiling and fiesty Blaine at my side.

Xavier's POV

It had been nearly two weeks since Blaine and Anna had risked their lives to save me and I was finally being released from hospital.

Anna was the first to be released, thankfully all she needed was a bit of TLC and an IV drip and she was walking out of here with a smile on her face and a skip in her step, much to Jax's annoyance. He'd wanted her to stay in hospital for a few extra days just to 'be on the safe side' but after Anna and two seperate doctors reassured him that her and the baby were perfectly fine and healthy he relented.

I'd laughed as I watched them constantly bicker, either in the hallway or in my room as they kept me company. Jax constantly fussing about her safety and about how she shouldn't be doing anything to help protect the baby and Anna stating that she was a grown ass woman and could choose what she could and couldn't do. She knew this was coming through, Jax had been bad when he found out she was pregnant with JJ, but now that he's found out she's pregnant with baby number two he's ramped up his overprotectiveness tenfold, especially as she'd kept it from him for so long.

Blaine was released next. It took a lot longer for her body to completely heal after coding. She was mainly kept in for fluids and observation though, the doctors wanting to keep an eye on her energy levels and nutricion input to help build her strength back up. Not only was she healing from the energy shift but she was also dealing with wolfsbane poisoning on top of that, something I didn't know about until Jax had informed me.

Apparently she had put her own life at risk by trying to get the excess wolfsbane off my skin as best she could, resulting in getting it on the palms of her hands when it had soaked through the fabric of whatever she had been using. I was stunned into silence at that, not knowing many people who would willingly put themselves at risk of wolfsbane poisoning for fear of what it would do to them in the long run. It was a known fact that coming into contact with wolfsbane targets your wolf, causing it to weaken and eventually die just like it had been doing to mine before I was saved.

I would be forever grateful for my strong and beautiful mate who had put her own life at risk for the sake of my own and I was going to do everything in my power to make it up to her, even if it took the rest of our lives.

I think the biggest thing that has changed since since I'd woken up though was the fact that Blaine's family was all now here and safe. We had decided to wait until Blaine was awake and a bit more alert before telling her that her dad and brother had survived the fight with Benjamin. Her energy levels had been so low we were worried that one hit of adrenaline would wipe her out all over again and it was something the doctors wouldn't allow.

I had been amazing to watch her face light up though when the two of them had finally been allowed to walk through the door, well her brother walked and her dad kind of hobbled due to a shattered leg which had been damaged during the fight. At first she had been speechless, just staring at them standing in the doorway to her room. When her mum had kissed her on the head though and confirmed that they were here and she wasn't dreaming them she'd burt out into tears, crying into the crook of her elbow whilst constantly muttering stuff under her breath, to low for any of us to hear.

Her family were doing well, for the most part, they said they found it weird being out of their wolf form and not having to be in constant fear of being put into the ring or abused by anyone. They all had some form of injury that needed looking at by the doctors but over all they had nothing that would have caused them serious long term damage, just a few scars.