Chapter Thirty Four

"So after the meeting when do we roll out?"

"As soon as really, we're going to hit them when it gets dark, hopefully that's when the least amount of people will be around".

I nodded as I tucked into the rest of my breakfast. I guess all that was left to do was just to hope and pray that everything runs smoothly.

Xaviers POV

It was about four o'clock by the time the small group of us were ready to leave. Anna took the longest to get ready, between dropping JJ off at her parents and stopping off at the hospital to check on Henry it was threatening to get dark before we had even left the pack lands.

Blaine had been jittery throughout the day, not being able to sit still and shaking her legs whenever she was sitting. I could understand how she was feeling though, if I had a chance to see my parents and sister again but was waiting on others to get ready I'd be feeling exactly the same way.

We were finally off though, with a small group of trackers and warriors, Will, Jax's younger brother included. We were all following Anna who seemed to know where she was going better than any of our trackers. When I asked her how she knew where she was going she just replied with "I just do". It was a good job she insisted on coming with us because without her we probably would have gotten lost long ago and forgotten where we were actually heading too.

Apparently she had some form of internal compass, when the Moon Goddess had shown her where the cave was originally in her dream walk her wolf had somehow logged the location and was now showing her the way. I asked if it was anything like google maps, where you can drop a pin in the map and save the location for future reference, but she just rolled her eyes at me and laughed before walking off to catch up with Jax.

"Is it weird that I'm nervous?" Blaine suddenly asked next to me as we hiked through the woods. We had decided to travel in our human forms, making it easier to both cover our scent and walk through unwolf populated towns if we needed to. The last thing humans needed to see was a pack of wolves running through their town centre. This also meant that we could travel by car for most of the journey, saving us both precious time and energy.

"It's not weird at all" I reassured her as I took her hand in mine. "You haven't seen them in a long time so I'm sure your nervous and adrenaline are shooting all over the place right now". Now that our bond was sealed I could feel her emotions trickle into the back of my mind, making me aware of just how anxious she was about meeting back up with her family.

She remained silent after that, but her grip that she had on my hand became ever so slightly tighter. I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better, something I could say that would calm her down enough so she wouldn't have to feel so anxious, but I knew their wasn't. The only thing that would make her feel better right now would be to see her family back on our pack lands, safe and sound.

I wondered if I would get on with her family, my prejudice against rogues has significantly decreased since meeting my mate but a small part of me wondered what I would do when I came face to face with all five of them. The doctor said a long time ago that I could have been slightly suffering from post traumatic stress disorder . Whenever I saw a rogue I would just see red and before I knew it they were dead at my feet. I didn't believe her of course, I just blamed it on my wolf wanting revenge for what happened to them, but the more I thought about it the more it kind of made sense. The only thing that ever snapped me out of that thought process was my mate. My Blaine. My saviour.

Then there was the issue of whether her family would even like or accept me. Her family had obviously gone through something horrible for them to willingly leave their pack and raise children out in no-man's land. I knew why her parents did it, why they had such little faith in packs, but would it change their opinion of packs when they realised that their daughter was now happy in a pack, or would they decide to continue their life of being a rogue and leave. Would that mean Blaine would leave me to be with them?