||Prologue||

I stand along-side and my husband and friend as we watch the rapidly increasing numbers of the missing population from the snap.

"This a nightmare." Steve spoke.

"I've had better nightmares." Nat said her eyes glistening with tears.

"Hey." Rhodes called. We turn to face him.

"So that thing just stopped doing whatever the hell it was doing." We follow him to my father pager.

I sigh.

"What do we got?" I ask Bruce.

"Whatever signal it was sending finally crapped out." He explains.

"I thought we bypassed the battery." Steve asks.

"We did. It's still plugged in it just stopped." Rhodes spoke.

"So, we're just gonna stand here until someone or something comes knocking." I said.

"Reboot it send the signal again." Steve instructed.

"We don't even know what this thing is." Bruce said.

"Well my father did. Just do it please, and I wannna know who's on the other end of that thing." I said. I turn around and found myself face to face with a women with long blonde hair wearing a blue, red, and gold armored suit.

"Ебена мать." I exclaimed. Holy shit.

Steve quickly protectively stands in front of me.

"Where's Fury?" She asks.

"Who the hell are you?" Rhodes asks everyone stood in defensive positions.

"You answer mine first where is Fury?" She snapped.

I bypass my husband.

"Wait let's calm down we're not gonna get anywhere arguing like this." I spoke.

I turn to face the women.

"I'm Charlie and you are?" I ask.

"Carol Danvers." She replied.

"And what's your business with Nick Fury?" I ask

"That's my business now tell me where is he?"She almost snarled. Her hands clenched in a fist begin to glow. Everyone took a jump back

"Why don't we put the glow hands away and settle this like women." I sassed.

She steps forward observing me closely.
"Kid?"

I took a moment and observe her features before everything finally clicked.

"No way." I muttered. How is that possible?

"You look, just the same you did all those years ago." I said.

"Charlie, you know her?" Steve asks.

"We can trust her guys she an old friend of the family." I assured the team.

"Wow, you've grown." She said and looks down my hand bearing my wedding ring.

"And married?"

"Yup." I replied and gesturing to Steve whom was still protectively standing behind me.

"You ended up becoming an agent after all." She smiled.

I softly smile.

"Where's your father?" she asks.

My heart stalled for a moment and let out a deep shaky breath. I choke back on my tears before I finally got the courage to speak. "He's gone."

"What do you mean gone?" she asks erratically.

"Um, we fought, we lost, and almost half the universe paid the price." I said.

Her eyes began to glisten with tears and her bottom lip trembles.

"But we're working on a plan to get him and everyone back." I said.

She lets out a deep breath and her expression turns stoic.

"Count me in."

A/n: Missing chapter/ prologue I was working on kind of a more in-depth explanation. into how charlie and carol know each other. hope you like it.