12 • when you broke my heart

The next time Chenle took his client out to visit the playground, it wasn't as cold as it had been previously.

"Why are we back out here?" the younger boy asked, pushing the gate open and heading to the swings regardless.

Now, the elder boy couldn't exactly say 'I need information out of you' to his face because he didn't want Jisung to think that the only reason they'd been going out these days was for his work. It wasn't for that reason anyways. Sure, it helped when they were out but he enjoyed this time himself, used it to get to know his patient better.

"No reason. I figured you felt too cooped up inside that room," he replied swiftly, and joined the boy on the swing beside him.

"You must think I'm crazy."

Chenle perked up at this and turned his head to face Jisung. "Sorry?"

The latter was still facing ahead, his legs bending, and extending in order for him to gain momentum on the swing. "Me, an eighteen year old boy who tried to kill himself before, stuck in a mental asylum and who cuts you to relieve his own stress. Am I wrong?" he asked, a small smile playing on his lips as the wind blew his hair backwards with each swing.

"I wouldn't call it crazy," was all the elder said, turning away and facing forward again.

Jisung brought both of his legs down, his foot dragging on the ground with a loud screech until his swing came to a halt. "And why would that be?" he asked, amused.

"There must be a reason behind it," Chenle drawled out.

There was a long pause, the only thing heard were the rustling of leaves in the distance, and the creaking swings going to and fro.

"Would an explanation justify murder?"

Chenle stopped swinging. "I-"

Jisung laughed. "Murders," he corrected. "Multiple murders."

"Ji-"

"I'm practically giving myself into the hands of jail, aren't I. Then again, that's what I want isn't it? I'm living a pointless life anyways, it shouldn't have been given to me."

"Jisung." Chenle stated firmly.

The said male hitched an eyebrow, the same amused smile playing on his lips.

"I'm not here to help you put yourself down over your past. I don't know if that's gotten into your brain yet, but that's not my job," he sighed, rising to his feet as he walked over to the younger boy. Jisung looked up with a sight hint of surprise, though quickly masked it with his perfected 'blank' look.

"I'm here to help you move on from that, and mature as a person. You're barely eighteen, Jisung. Maybe if you were ten or twenty years older, then it'd be harder to move on from because you were already matured. You had full consciousness of what you had been doing," he continued, his hand rising to caress the younger's cheek, who flinched away from it at first, yet gave in and leant into the touch after. "What I'm trying to say, is that you have a long life ahead of you, and these things you've done when you were naive shouldn't weigh you down, do you understand?"

Jisung looked down. "Then why do you need to know about my past?"

Chenle paused. He hadn't mentioned wanting to know Jisung's past in-front of him, but if he had an idea of his past, then he probably could recall some memories.

"What do you mean?" he prolonged.

"I'm not stupid. After we came here for the first time, I had some time to think about the whole 'lonely boy' problem and it didn't take much effort to put two and two together to realise that I was talking about myself."