15 • without a halo

it's my fault i swear it's not yours but because of the large update gap, i'd suggest you reread the last chapter, or at least the ending to grasp onto what has happened if you have forgotten. blame me and my increasingly inconsistent updates.. but i love u!

also... little chapter inspo for visualisation. <3

•••

•••

"Now what the fuck have I just done."

The small gap where the curtains had not been drawn entirely allowed for a sliver of moonlight to enter the bedroom. Chenle sat upright in the middle of his bed, sheets crumpled at his waist with goosebumps rising where his skin was suddenly exposed at his torso, juxtaposing the incessant beads of sweat which trickled gradually down his forehead to his jaw.

He just kissed a patient. He just kissed a patient.

Well, if we're getting picky then technically the patient kissed him but-

A large cheshire cat smile played on the boy's lips despite ( at! (; ) the realisation. He sighed in content as he flopped back down on his bed, the mattress welcoming the impact as it embraced him and boy, Chenle would generally be out of his mind right now. He would have been pacing around the room restlessly due to 'unprofessionalism' and be sweating, but not like he is now. The thought of the recent events made him feel hot as if he was back in high school, like an immature little boy who had no experience of relationships, let alone physical affection. The scene that occurred a couple of hours ago wouldn't leave his mind, replaying as if it were a broken record that didn't want to be fixed.

"So let's change that, Jisung. Together."

The said boy sat up, causing the doctor to be placed naturally in his lap with his legs wrapped around the latter's waist, and firm hands on his own. He was glad that he could see the younger now, blotchy faced due to the tears yet Jisung's boba eyes stared into his own curiously.

Chenle felt the the vice grip on his waist leave, now cold fingertips dancing up his forearm delicately until they reached a- 

"Ah," he winced, feeling the fingers stop at the recently carved initials, outlining them with the precision and elegance of a pianist. Jisung pulled his hand back as if it had been burned, immediately spilling apologies out of his mouth, one after the other as his eyes searched his for any discomfort. 

"Hey, it's fine, you just caught me off guard, that's all."

It didn't seem to convince the younger.

"Why did you do it?" he queried.

"Do what?" Chenle replied.

Jisung's gaze flickered down to the scar.  "Why would you make me hurt you instead?

Chenle opened his mouth to respond, yet found himself closing it soon after, the words dying in his throat. In all honesty, even he didn't know why he allowed a patient to do such a thing when they had many self harm alternatives at the wards themselves. Did he think that it was the only way?

Just as Chenle was about to roll out some bullshit explanation, the same cold touch grasped onto his wrist lightly. The older looked up, seeing Jisung's eyes fixated on the scar as he raised Chenle's arm to his lips, littering soft and gentle kisses on the lines of the damaged skin. It was as if each kiss held a silent apology, not regret, yet some kind of remorse falling from his petal- like lips. 

Chenle's heart tightened.

"Ji-"

"You're the prettiest boy I've ever seen, you know, you look just like a dream." Jisung spoke softly against his skin, eyes still never once leaving his own. "Seeing you and talking to you outside of the wards makes me feel like you're doing this out of your own will, and not just for the sake of your job."

 "You know that I do it from my own wi-"

"Chenle. You make me feel things I haven't felt in years and things I haven't felt before at all. This is all new to me. I want to say that I get it if you don't' feel like that but I don't. I won't. So what if I'm crazy? I'm crazy for you and I-- mmf!"

Jisung felt slender hands hook behind his neck, pulling him down until soft, pillowy lips enveloped his once again and he couldn't bring himself to hold back as his own dipped beneath the elder's shirt, his large hands splaying on the small of Chenle's back and pulling him until their bodies had no distance between one another.

His tongue laved at the older's bottom lip, biting it softly soon after, eliciting a soft gasp from the said male which made him smile into the kiss, his heart doing somersaults. Chenle returned the eager action by dipping his head down to the taller's clavicle, peppering kisses all over the protruding bone, sucking at one particular spot which made Jisung keen oh so beautifully. The skin left his mouth only when it turned a striking crimson, tainting the younger's unblemished  neck with a reminder of this afternoon.

Jisung's knuckles brushed against his cheekbone, a lazy smile playing on his lips as he watched Chenle with those same eyes as he'd seen on their first encounter, however the once empty eyes now held something a little more- something just a tiny bit more which made them sparkle like never before.

Chenle flailed exasperatedly like a Magikarp in his bed, tossing and turning as he tried to get those events out of his mind yet came to a halt when his efforts were deemed unsuccessful. So he did the only logical thing which came to mind.

Two minutes later, only the soft padding of slippers against tiled floor could be heard as he made his way down the corridor he now knew like the back of his hand thanks to a certain somebody. He paused outside the specific room, debating on whether to return to the warmth of his bedroom, or the warmth of the boy behind this door.

Knock, knock 

When no response came, Chenle pushed the door open anyways, remembering that the younger looked rather drowsy earlier on after their evening escapades; He'd only stay for five minutes, like an unplanned check-up. That wasn't unprofessional at all.

Upon entering, the doctor was greeted with a warm sight. Thankfully nothing was out of order like previous experiences, and Jisung was fast asleep in the warmth of his bed, the warm yellow lamp light flooding over his face. Come to think of it, Chenle doesn't recall seeing the boy in such peace before and it is evident, seeing as the latter's youth is much more visible when his face is at rest. Pikachu was tucked into the younger's chest, an arm securing it there so that it would not leave his side. 

Chenle couldn't help it when he sank to the floor right beside the boy's bed. Suddenly, all the restlessness pestering him in his bedroom had vanished, and the strenuous hours were catching up to him, eyelids feeling heavy. With a quiet yawn, the boy rested his head on the small, empty space next to Jisung, his arm supporting its weight as the rest of his body remained on the floor. 

The last thing he remembered before falling into the deep abyss called slumber were the small breaths escaping Jisung's mouth in his sleep, fanning onto Chenle's face in small puffs.

He knew he'd regret sleeping in this position in the morning, but for now, he felt as comfortable and satiated as if he were to be perched on a fluffy, cotton cloud.