Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Saturday morning rolled around, Stella waking up on from the couch. She had fallen asleep last night with the tv on, waiting for Harry to get back. She got up and went to his room, knocking on the door only to receive no response. After debating on whether or not she should open up the door, she ended up swinging it open quietly in case Harry was still asleep. Surely enough, Harry was curled up under his sheets, soft snores coming out of his mouth. At the sight of him, Stella gently closed the door again, sighing in relief as she did so.

Stella went to her room and grabbed what she'd need for a shower. She took a shower and prepared herself breakfast which consisted of sweet potatoes, an egg, and some spinach along with a few cherry tomatoes. Once finishing up her food, she went and did some laundry and after that she finished up the rest of her homework. Two in the afternoon quickly crept up on her, a phone call drawing her attention to the time.

"Hello?" She answered it, not looking at the caller ID ahead of time.

"Hey, get ready to head out in like thirty minutes. I'll come grab you. Wear something for outside. It's hot out today." Sean informed her, talking about their date that she had already forgotten about. Her mind had been a little preoccupied with something else, someone else.

"Sounds good. See you soon." Stella hung up on him before she started to look through her closet in order to find a good outfit to wear.

She ended up choosing a white tank top and a pair of high waisted denim shorts. She put on a natural makeup look, not wanting to overdo it. She threw on a pair of black converses and called it a day. She went to go check on Harry again to tell him that she'd be gone for the day but when she walked back in, he was still fast asleep. Stella just shook it off and thought that he must've been tired.

The doorbell rang, signaling that Sean was there.

"You ready?" He asked her.

"Yeah. Just let me grab my sunglasses," She said, walking to the kitchen to grab them only to join Sean back in the hallway. "Let's go." She said, locking the door behind her.

The two went into Sean's car and drove off to wherever their destination was. Stella turned on the radio, "Youngblood" by Five Seconds of Summer playing.

After about an hour or so, they arrived at a beach. Sean went to the back of the car and pulled out a beach blanket as well as two baskets. Stella followed him as he walked towards a certain area, no one else really around except for the occasional older couple.

"Do you recognize this place?" Sean asked Stella once they had settled down.

Stella looked around the beach, trying to see if anything reminded her of the place. However, she had no clue where they were or what relevance it played. It just looked like another beach to her.

"I can't say I do." She truthfully answered.

"It's the beach we came to visit the day after we decided senior year that we wanted to come live here." Sean said, trying to remain positive despite the fact that he was slightly disappointed Stella didn't remember the place that held so much value to him.

"Oh, that's right. How cool that is?" Stella shook her head, looking out into the distance.

"I can't believe that we're on a date right now." Sean said, chuckling a bit.

"Same. Never really saw it coming." Stella said, turning back to him as he handed her a sandwich.

"I know that this is going to sound crazy, but I've been waiting for this day for a while now." Sean admitted.