Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Two weeks had passed by. Midterms were making Stella super busy and preoccupied which was great for her because that was one of the excuses she used as to why she couldn't hang out with Harry. Once everything happened, Stella decided that it was best if she were to stay away from Harry. She figured that the more she distanced herself from him, the less her feelings would grow for him which so far, was proving her wrong. She had been avoiding him at all costs yet she couldn't get him off her mind. She had only bumped into him once this week but that little bump kept replaying in her mind. She kept thinking about how she felt when their skin touched one another's and their eyes made contact. She wanted to just kiss him right then and there but she knew that it would only screw things up more if she did. Truly, she was a wreck. She drank most nights and found herself having nothing to write about because she was too depressed to try and write anything. Not only that but her nightmares had started to come back. For the past week straight she had a nightmare of her mother. She was tired, drunk, and depressed to sum it up.

While Stella thought that Harry was over her, Harry was wondering what changed between them. He knew that something was up with her but he didn't know what it was. Sure, school was crazy busy but it wasn't busy enough for her to constantly not be near him. He knew that she was friends with Sean again and wondered if something more was happening between the two of them that made her have to stay away from him. Despite all of that, Harry, himself, was a lot busier now. Even if he wanted to hang out with Stella, it would be rare to find time for it. He was working on finishing up the album and had a lot of different interviews and press-related things to promote the upcoming album. At this point, the album was almost done when discussing songs. Sure, they had to be recorded and mixed which would take at least a month or two but as far as songwriting went, he was just about done with it. While Harry wasn't working on his album, he spent his time working on Stella's EP. He was trying his best to get it done so he could surprise her with it. If everything went according to his plan, by the beginning of May, the two months will have passed. He planned on taking Stella out on that date. In fact, he had the date all planned out.

He was going to take her to Arizona so she could see the Grand Canyon as they had previously planned and he was going to throw her a little listening party for her first EP. He already had it in the works too. He just had to wait a few more weeks for it all to happen.

Stella was at home making food, minding her own business before she received a text message from Jocelyn. The text consisted of a link to some video. Stella clicked the link and played the video, instantly recognizing the voice.

"We're just friends." Harry's voice said, a small laugh leaving his lips.

"I think that he's talking about you." Jocelyn sent her a text message.

"Just two people enjoying each other's company is all, huh?" The other man asked.

"Exactly." Harry nodded.

"So are there any songs on the upcoming album about this girl?" The interviewer asked Harry.

"There might be." He cheekily replied, not giving it away but at the same time, giving it away.

"Well, I can't wait to hear what you've been working on, Harry. I know that you're fans are excited and have been anticipating this for quite a while now." The interviewer said, respecting Harry and his boundaries by not pushing on the topic anymore.

"Yeah, I'm excited too." He responded.

"It's been great having you here, Harry. Thanks for coming in." The interviewer finished off.

"Thanks for having me." Harry smiled, the live interview then ending.

Before Stella could react, her phone started to ring.