❄ Chapter 1 ❄

Nixie sits in the bay window located in North's workplace in the Pole. It was one of her favourite spots in the Pole. She looks outside out of the window. Snow was falling in a rapid movement as the wind increased.

Some noises were coming from outside of the workplace, but the teenager made no effort to go outside of the room. Today was the anniversary. Today years ago, she doesn't really know how many anymore, Pitch destroyed her home base as well all of her friends and family. Nixie lost counting when two hundred years had passed.

A tear slipped down her cheek down her heart-shaped face as she pulled her knees towards her chest.

It was a day she would never forget. A day full of sadness and emotions. She never felt so much anger to one person. The person who took away her family, her friends and her lover at the same time.

The next time she will defeat him even if it was the last thing that she will do.

❄❄❄

North hummed loudly as he threw his newly block ice on his desk. His radio hard with orchestral music as he started to sculpture.

The tattoos on his arms showing brightly in the daylight that came through the window in his workspace. Nixie was again sitting in her usual spot in the bay window reading a book about all kind of plants. Kind of lost in her own world as her eyes scanned the paper before her.

''Still waiting for cookies!'' North yelled with his Russian accent to his elves, who were stuffing themselves full with the Christmas cookies in their tiny hands. The three of them looked shocked as they heard the yelling voice of their master.

Santa continued his tiny sculpture as he was looking through his magnifier humming even louder to the music. At this point Nixie was kind of distracted due to the sound that was coming from her guardian. She sighed and turned to another page.

North finally finished the tiny steam locomotive. He placed it on his self-made ice trail and started to laugh when the train was flying through the room. Eating a cookie in the progress while muttering ''Finally'' as he kept looking at the tiny sculpture.

''LOOK NIXIE, LOOK!!'' North almost screamed and pointed to his flying ice masterpiece.

The teenager looked up from her book and chuckled at the exited chubby man.

''It looks gr-'' before the young guardian could finish her sentence the door flew open and the steam locomotive crashed in the process. Her hand flew to her mouth as the ice scattered on the ground.

Trying to hold her laugh as she saw the face that North made as he looked at his now broken work. Hiding behind her book as she hid her smile as a Yeti stood in the door opening brabbling a rather weird Yeti language that only North could understand.

North yelled as he pointed with both of his hands towards the ice on the ground. In reaction to this the Yeti made a funny panicked ''Oh'' sound as he putted his hands before his eyes.

At this point Nixie couldn't hold her laugh anymore as she rolled onto the ground, her hands around her torso to support her as she had the giggles. Her book falling on the ground with her.

North again made a yelling noise, almost screaming as he made his hands as fists. And if you thought that the commotion was over then you have it wrong. The Yeti made again the panicked ''oh'' sound as he still guiltily looked at the scattered ice pieces on the ground.

Putting his thumbs on his nose bridge North sighed. ''How many times have I told you to KNOCK?!''

The Yeti explained to North in his babbling language that something big was going on.

Nixie rised from the ground as she wiped her tears from her face with her sleeve. Picking up her book as she pushed it to her chest. Looking at the Yeti and her chubby guardian.

''What? The globe?''

This got Nixie her attention because the globe was something really important in a guardian's life. If you have to explain it easily, it would be like a giant globe with light dots on it. Every dot is a child who believes. Without believers there wouldn't be guardians anymore. They would vanish and be invisible in te process.

When North grabbed his sword Nixie knew that something serious was going on. She placed her book on the seat in the bay window, grabbed her bow and her quiver with her enchanted arrows in it and followed Santa Claus to the Globe.

''Shoo with your pointy heads'' North said as he frustratingly walked through the group of his elves. Bells jingling in the process as his elves tried to make place for Santa and her.

''Why are you always under boot?''

When he came to the front in order to see the problem with the globe, he squeezed himself in-between the two Yeti's.

The light blonde teenager wasn't strong enough to also push herself between the Yeti's to come at the front, so she created a little platform made out of woven twigs to see what was going on.

She was a bit on the shorter side even on the self-made platform as Santa and the Yeti's were both very tall.

She furrowed her eyebrows as dozens of lights went out on the globe before her.

''What is this?'' North whispered as he looked puzzled at the installation.

''North what is happening?'' Nixie asks with a trembled voice as she had a weird feeling in her stomach as if something bad was going to happen. She tightens her grip on her bow as she looked around her.

''I don't know N.'' He said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

''Have you checked the axis? Is rotation balanced?'' The Yeti's nodded.

Suddenly black sand covered the globe and the elves started to run around as the jingling from bells hovered in the air.

The black sand exploded, and it created an incoherent figure of Pitch Black. His laugh could be heard everywhere and Nixie was paralyzed with fear. She got herself together after a couple of seconds as she grabbed an arrow from her quiver and shot it in the heart of the shadow that was made out of sand. A little explosion with burned leaves as a result.

''Can it be?'' North realised that help was needed and called for one of his elves.

''DINGLE! Make preparations. We're going to have company.''

Nixie still stood with her bow and her arrow in her hand in order to intervene if something happens again. Worried about her and her guardian's future.