❄ Chapter 4 ❄

''It's been a long time, old friend! What is big news?'' North yelled towards the 'man in the moon'.

''Old friend?'' Nixie looked confused towards North but he seemed to ignore her. She let out a chuckle. The old man wanted to keep his good reputation towards the man in the moon.

The blue light that emitted from it increased towards the Guardian emblem. It was a circle with a square in the middle that was located on the ground. The five guardians were standing around it in a semi-circle facing the moon.

It showed Pitch' shadow. Everyone was shocked. Nixie felt a shiver run down her spine. 'Not now'; She thought as she started to panic. She was finally getting comfortable in her own skin again after the incident. She still felt guilty to this day that she couldn't save her people, her own parents, her own sister.

Bunny inhaled disbelievingly before saying; ''It is Pitch... Nixie and you were right...'' Bunny turned towards North and Nixie.

The platinum haired teenager lifted one eyebrow upwards and created a smirk on her pale face to say 'told ya' while simultaneously North padded on his belly to prove that his 'belly feeling' was always right.

''Team N is always right, Bunny you should know that.'' North replied while using his nickname for him and Nixie.

North turned towards the moon again, almost in a desperate manner. ''Manny, what must we do?''

The Guardian emblem opened up to reveal a blue crystal that was embedded in a rock. It rose from the floor, shining an incredible blue light created out of the energy coming from the man in the moon. Nixie furrowed her eyebrows, she never saw this happening before since she was the last person chosen as a guardian. Did this also happened with her was she was chosen as a guardian?

Tooth flew a few feet in the air, she looks with curiosity towards the crystal. ''Uhm guys, you know what this means?''

Nixie looked at her, still looking confused and slightly irritated by Tooth. She crossed her arms while holding her bow in her left hand. ''Well enlighten me please because I don't know what is happening.''

Norths mouth gaped open with disbelief while looking at the blue glittery stone in front of him. ''He's choosing a new guardian...'' He got really exited in the process as his eyes twinkled with curiosity.

''Oh...'' escaped Nixie's mouth. Eyes with full of wondering the teenager looked at the crystal, kind of exited to meet a new guardian. She hoped with her full heart that it would be someone of her age. She needs another peer to talk to sometimes in order to keep her sane in this guardian world.

Bunny was kind of shocked with the idea of a new guardian as he looked panicked at his fellow guardian friends. ''What?! Why?''

''Must be big deal. Manny thinks we need help.'' North enlighted everyone.

''Since when do we need help?'' Bunny wasn't on the convincing side on this case.

''Come on buddy, it would be a great help to have another guardian with us'' Nixie stood next to her best friend comforting him. ''Besides then we will have a newbie to prank'' she whispered in his ear, lightened his mood as a result. They both chuckled while giving each other a low five.

On the inside Nixie still felt frightened for the return of Pitch but it wasn't her plan to show it to the rest of the group.

''I wonder who it's gonna be? Maybe the Leprechaun?'' Sandy probably had the same thought as Tooth as he created a 4-leaf clover made out of sand over his head.

Next to Nixie stood Bunny praying to his dear life while looking at the crystal. ''Please not the Groundhog, please not the Groundhog...'' Nixie chuckled at her fluffy friend as she shook her head. She heard some 'nice' stories from Bunny about the Groundhog.

''Please let it be someone my age.'' Nixie whispered to herself while desperately looking at the whole shebang before her. The lights that came out of the crystal didn't take long to create a humanoid figure.

Nixie saw what she thought was a boy with a sweater and a large wooden stick resting in his hand. That was when it hit her. She knew him. He was the boy who appeared out of the lake centuries ago. Her cheeks got flustered on the moment and her heartbeat increased. She never saw him again after the first time.

''Jack?...'' Nixie whispered loudly enough to hear for her friends.

North recognised him too at the same moment. ''Jack Frost'' He stated while moving his eyebrows, kind of surprised why the man in the moon would make such an interesting choice.

The Tooth fairies swoon at the mention of his name including Tooth herself. Jack was known for his good looks and what Nixie had to believe from Tooth, his perfectly white teeth were unmistakable. Nixie her cheeks were still flushed at the mention of the boy. She never told anyone the meeting that she had with Jack Frost. He probably forgot about her anyway.

Bunny looked disgusted. '' Uh, I take it back. The Groundhog was fine.'' Hearing this coming from Bunny mouth must mean that he and Jack didn't have a good relationship with each other.

Tooth, who was still in her trance about the ice boy snapped out of it. ''Well a-as long as he helps us to, uh, to protect the children, right?''

Nixie was again confused at this point. What she knew out of her own experiences from Jack was that he was kind and sweet. ''What's wrong with him being a guardian?'' Nixie asks.

''Jack Frost?! He- He doesn't care about children! A'ight, all he does is freeze water pipes and mess with my egg hunts! Alright?! He's an irresponsible, selfish- ''

North interrupted Bunny, finishing his sentence. ''Guardian'' He replied while looking seriously interested at the new addition to the group.

''Jack Frost is many things, but he is not a guardian.'' Bunny said it as if he was making a statement, done with this discussion.

With still red cheeks Nixie was thinking about her introduction with Jack. The same feeling of familiarity came over her when she saw him the first time, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Tooth elbowed her. ''He's handsome right?'' Tooth smirked. The Tooth fairies were very interested in the conversation as well, they circled around them while listening to their conversation.

''Look at your cheeks Nix! How cute!'' Tooth irritated Nixie even more as all the guardians looked at the two females, kind of confused about all the commotion about the teenage boy. ''You like him, don't ya. C'mon admit it, he is gorgeous'' Tooth crossed her arms while looking at the reddened head of the teenager.

''What?! No no no. I don't even know the guy Tooth...'' Nixie sighed, kind of embarrassed while playing with her silver rings on her fingers. ''You know I'm not into this kind of things''

After Tooth showed Nixie her memories out of her teeth since she didn't remember them, both girls discovered that Nixie had a boyfriend before she became a guardian. Unfortunately, they still didn't know who this certain boy was. It still was a sensitive subject to Nixie.

''Well, maybe it is time to step out of your comfort zone then?'' Tooth suggested.

Nobody knew about the love life of the platinum haired girl and she wanted to keep it that way. The teenager wasn't really the 'I have a crush on someone' showy type. Moreover, she was determined to never let herself distract her duties again with that kind of rubbish. Her mission was to protect nature and the children. No one could stand in her way, not even Pitch Black.