❄ Chapter 23 ❄

It was nine thirty in the evening as Jamie was already asleep. Tooth, Jack and Nixie stood in the brown-haired boy's room.

"Left central incisor, knocked out in a freak sledding accident. I wonder how that could have happened, Nixie, Jack?"  Tooth whispered with the teeth in her hand as she turned towards Jack and Nixie. Nixie pointed towards Jack immediately.

"Don't blame me. He enchanted me and mis leaded me." She said as she bluntly shrugged her shoulders. Tooth her eyebrows shot up as Jack's cheeks started to redden a bit.

A chuckle escaped his lips as he was examining the drawing Jamie made about his sleigh adventure. "Hehehe, Kids, huh?" Jack elbowed Nixie in her ribs as she gave a yelp.

"Where is the rest actually?" Nixie asked in general as Jack shrugged his shoulders and Tooth seemed to be ignoring her as she enjoyed her time with the children.

She placed a coin under Jamie's pillow after she rolled the coin in between her fingers. Tooth started to float a bit above Jamie as he was fast asleep, laying on his right side with his rabbit toy in clamped in both of his hands, facing Jack and Nixie.

"This was always the part I liked the most, seeing the kids." A genuine smile appeared on Tooth her face as Nixie smiled at her friend. Tooth crossed her arms as a serious expression formed on her face.

"Why did I ever stop doing this?"

"Hm. Looks a little different up close, huh?" Jack almost whispered as his voice cracked. Again, the warm feeling started to bubble up inside Nixie as she furrowed her eyebrows. 'What is wrong with me?' Was the only thing that entered the platinum haired teenagers mind as she stood beside Jack. Even a tiny bit of jealousy formed in her as they kept talking.

"Thanks for being here, jack. I wish I'd known about your memory. I could've helped you, just like it helped Nixie." The teenager's ears perked up hearing the mention of her name.

"What?" Her green eyes looked at the other two guardians as Tooth chuckled.

"I was telling Jack how your memories helped you." The fairy explained.

"Well, kind of I think," A serious look formed on her face as the grip on her bow tightened. "It feels like a whole part is missing, as if I only know the half of my memories. I don't know... i-it sounds weird, huh?" A nervous smile formed on her lips as she ran a hand through her hair.

Jack who still stood beside her looked genuinely interested as he also couldn't remember his memories. "Do you want to tell me what you exactly remember?" Sometimes he had some sorts of what seems like flashbacks of visions about a girl or a voice that belonged to a girl, the voice though sounded a lot younger than the appearance of the girl in his head. Maybe there were two different girls?

Nixie looked at Tooth as the Fairy nodded slightly to the teenager. The teenager inhaled deeply before starting to talk.

"Well, I remember the death of my little sister... she's dead because of me, I-I couldn't protect her... from Pitch. "Nixie sighed as she had an expression on her face that none of the two other guardians could decipher, it was the feeling of emptiness, loneliness and guilt that she was feeling. Jack placed a hand on her shoulder as he looked at her with what looked like concern.

" I still don't know if my parents are still alive though. Uhm... I remember... uhm... the first time I shot an arrow in the bullseye," Her face lightened up when she relived the memory again. "And lastly... I remember a boy." Jack's ears perked up at the mention of this boy.

"Do you know this boy?" Jack asked immediately as Nixie shook her face. "It's gonna sound silly but, I remembered that we've kissed, that I was in love but, I just can't remember his name of his face. Nothing, which is really frustrating..." Nixie let out a chuckle as she shook her head a little. Jealousy started to form in Jack, an unfamiliar feeling if he has to say it himself.

"I can help if you want when I have my memories back. We're gonna get Pitch, for your sister." Jack smiled at her which brought a warm feeling to Nixie her stomach, a tear almost slipped out of her eye as Jack wiped it away with his thumb.

Tooth started to mix into the conversation too. "We're still trying to find ways to trace him, but the chances are very slim. It was a long time ago." Tooth looked at both of the teenagers and Nixie looked kind of uncomfortable.

Tooth looked again at Jack before thanking him again for helping her.

Some loud noises could be heard as North tried to squeeze him through the window. His sack with teeth leaning onto his back as if he was holding a sack full of presents on Christmas Eve. "Here you guys are!" He landed with a loud thud onto the wooden floor as he groaned. Sandy was flying into the window behind him as Nixie couldn't hold her chuckle. Her housemate was the best.

Jack wanted to make sure that Nixie was okay as he was doing his thumbs up. Nixie smiled and mouthed back. "I'm fine." The usual smirk then appeared on her face as her cheeks reddened again. The two looked at the conversation between the other guardians who entered one by one into the child's bedroom.

Tooth shushed North as she mentioned towards the sleeping Jamie who was still laying in his bed. Jamie gave a little groan, but he stayed asleep.

"Oh," North's eyebrows lifted up as he looked at Jamie. "What gives, slowpokes? How you feeling Toothy?"

Tooth couldn't hold her excitement anymore as she said in a whispered manner. "Believed in."

North chuckled still with the red sack full of teeth resting on his left shoulder and partly on his back. North looked at Nixie before he winked towards her, they were going to win this race for sure. Nixie turned around to grab her back of teeth as she heard a familiar sound in the room.

In the corner of Jamie's bedroom appeared the opening of a tunnel as two ears came out of it. After a second Bunny revealed his whole face as a grumpy expression was evident on his furry face.

"Oh, I see how it is. All working together to make sure the rabbit gets in last place." Bunny jumped out of his tunnel and started to talk louder with every word he said.

Both Tooth and North shushed him as they again mentioned towards the sleeping child.

"Shut your hole, Bun." Nixie harshly whispered to him as she pointed also to Jamie.

Nixie looked at Jack and she saw that he was thinking about something, probably another idea to irritate Bunny. A smirk formed on his lips as he walked forwards.

"Uh, you think I need help to beat a bunny?" Jack grabbed his sack of teeth that was a lot smaller than Nixie's. A boost of confidence rushed through her as she already knew that North and her outplayed her friends.

"Check it out, Peter Cottontail!" Jack tried to mock Bunny with his achievement.

Bunny who had an unconvinced look on his face looked straight at Jack. "You call that a bag'a choppers?" He lifted his arm to reveal his slightly bigger sack filled with teeth.

"Now that's a bag of choppers."

North started to mix into the conversation as he pushed the two slightly to the side to make his way to Nixie who already had a big smirk on her face, her arms crossed as she looked at her housemate.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, this is about Tooth, it's not a competition – "North spoke in a calm manner, but he was interrupted by Nixie who threw her bag in the middle of the room as she said, "But if it was, we WIN!" North also threw his sack next to Nixie's as he lifted the girl up and started to dance in the middle of the room. "YEE-HA! TEAM N WINS AGAIN!"

Nixie sat on North's neck as she cheered in victory before the light of a flashlight fell on their faces.