❄ Chapter 43 ❄

Pitch was holding the little creature in one hand, almost squeezing the life out of her. Nixie stood on his left side, Pitch was holding a magic sand dagger against her throat with much force in case Jack wanted to try something. She groaned, having already enough of this. To be more specific, she had enough of Pitch. But too weak to interfere after being in chains in Pitch's hideout. She even hadn't the energy left to use her powers properly.

"Nix! Baby Tooth!" Jack wanted to make his way towards them but stopped when Pitch pushed the dagger even more tightly against Nixie's throat. "I wouldn't do that Jack if I were you."

Baby Tooth kept squeaking much to Pitch's annoyance. He rolled his eyes as he tossed Baby Tooth into Jack's direction. The grey male groaned in annoyance.

"Take the bird, I don't care." Jack catched her just in time, quickly checking if she was okay. Now he only has to get Nixie back. Taking a good look at her, her eyes were dull and puffy. Probably a result from crying while her wrist showed a shade of blue due to the chains.

But when Jack saw the bruise on her face when Nixie turned her head towards him, something snapped inside him. He held his staff before him and Baby Tooth, ready to curse him into bloody oblivion when again Pitch pushed the dagger deeper into Nixie's skin.

"Let me remind you that you wanted to know where she was. Well, here. She. Is. But he aware, one misstep, Jack and she is dead." Pitch only angered himself more when Nixie shook her head, indicating that Jack had to leave now that he still can. "The staff, Jack!"

Feeling the dagger being pushed tightly against her neck, Nixie was really questioning her existence right now. She really thought she was going to die there and then. Thinking about the things that she wanted to do or say to some people. All kind of things rushed through her head as a single tear slipped out of her eye.

"You really have a bad habit of interfering. Now hand it over, and I'll let her go."

Jack's anger prevented him for a second to hand over the staff, but after a second, he flipped it over and handed it to Pitch. Nixie looked at him wide eyed, she could not believe he would really gave his staff away.

"All right, now let her go."

Jack hold out his hand into Pitch's direction, but a look of disdain spread across the evil spirits face when the coming words escaped his lips. "No." Jack's eyebrows almost rose the height of his hairline as Nixie's eyes widened as well. Anger and also fear flashed her eyes when they both realized in how much trouble they were now.
Pitch lied to them, after all what could you expect from an evil being as him.

"You said you wanted to be alone. So be alone!"

Nixie looked Jack straight in the eye before she gathered up all of her strength. She pulled her elbow into Pitch ribs with enough force that Pitch had loosened his grip onto her. Unfortunately, Pitch had still the advantage of having a magic sand dagger as he tried to stab her but luckily for Nixie he didn't succeeded.

A scream echoed through the snowy landscape as Pitch fired dark sand in Nixie's direction instead. The platinum haired teenager was getting blasted into the air due by the force of Pitch's power and fell into a crack in the ice that was located nearby Jack.
Before Jack could comprehend what happened, Pitch broke his staff in two pieces.

Jack's ice orbs grew in size as his hand flew towards his chest, heavy breaths escaped his lips and pain shot through his whole body. His own magical weapon, his only magical item was destroyed.
Not a millisecond later Pitch also fired black sand towards Jack, the ice creator crashed into the nearest ice wall before his head harshly made contact with the stone behind him. His head was pounding, and his vision was blurry when his body collapsed to the cold snow that was laying on the ground. One yell escaped his lips but after a second, he was in a kind of sitting position, leaning onto the cold stone.