❄ Chapter 6 ❄

Nixie still stood in the backyard while Jack was sitting on the fence. Nixie was still convincing Jack to come with her, but it doesn't seem like he has many interests to come to the other four legends.

Both their attention went to the children when they heard the crying of Sophie, the little sister of Jamie. She tripped when the dog bumped into her and she fell off the stairs.

''You okay Soph?'' Jamie's Mom asked her daughter. Jamie, Claude and Caleb had other plans then to stay in the backyard as they made their way out. ''—sledding or what?''; Claude asked. Before the three boys could walk out Jamie's mom walked towards her son with a warm beanie.

She puts it on his head. ''You don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose!''  Jack looked really happy when the woman mentioned his name. His blue eyes twinkled as a little bit as hope started to form within him.

Nixie smiled at him, she could feel how much it means to him to be believed in by the children. She herself couldn't be seen either after she started to spend less and less time outside, but she wasn't planning to say that to any of the legends.

They would know, early or late. Nixie just hoped that Jack wouldn't ask any questions about it.

Jamie looked confused as he moved his beanie a little bit. ''Who's Jack Frost?'' 

''No one, honey, It's just an expression.'' His mother replied to him. Jack furrowed his eyebrows as his eyes filled what looked like sadness and frustration. "Hey!" He yelled offended but only Nixie could hear him. Nixie looked again at Jack.

She jumped up the fence as she sat beside him. She sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder.  ''Don't worry to much. One day... I know for sure that they will believe in you. With their whole hearts..." Her expression was serious, she was feeling the very same pain.

''I wouldn't be so sure Nixie.'' Jack sighed. An idea popped into his mind as he once again had the usual smirk on his face. ''Come'' Jack said as he grabbed Nixie her wrist. Nixie yelped as he dragged her along with him towards the playing children outside.

They laughed as they walked away towards the other children who lived in the neighborhood. ''Jack... W-What are you going to do?'' Nixie asked skeptically.

''Who's Jack Frost?'' He whispered mockingly to himself as he made a snowball. Nixie stood behind him, dumbfounded and freezing in the cold weather outside. Jack blew on the snowball, it changed from its normal white colour to light blue. Twinkling in the light.

Jack looked behind him to see Nixie chattering her teeth. She was more a Spring/Summer person besides, her clothes weren't made for this cold weather.

She was wearing a simple dress that was made of leaves, flowers and vines. Her cape also made of organic materials, it whipped a bit to the side due to the wind. And lastly her shoes, white jelly sandals with a little heal on the bottom. She left her bow and arrows at the Pole to make a 'less' aggressive impression If she had to believe how Tooth said it.

He smirked again. ''Watch and learn.''

He threw the snowball perfectly on the back of Jamie's head. Nixie was startled as she inhaled a short breath. Her hand shot towards her mouth. ''I-Is he hurt?'' Jack laughed.

"Of course not."

Jamie his eyes twinkled as if he was enchanted.

''Come on Nixie, it's fun. He's fine, believe me.'' Jack gestures towards her to make clear that she had to follow him to the group of children. He held out his hand as Nixie was doubting wherever this was a good idea or not. The other legends where waiting for her to come back with Jack.

Suddenly Nixie felt something cold hit the side of her head. Everything felt really funny as she started to laugh. Her green eyes twinkled. ''Let's go do something fun, Frost.'' Jack had thrown a snowball at her as he chuckled to himself.

Nixie took his outstretched hand. ''That's the spirit.'' He said as he chuckled.

Jamie laughed at his friends. ''Okay! Who threw that?'' He said playfully.

The two legends arrived by the playing kids. ''Well, it wasn't Big Foot, kiddo.''  Nixie laughed as Jamie picked up a snowball too. He throws it at his friends.

Monty, a boy with blond hair and glasses was being hid as well as one of his friends called Pippa got a snowball on her head. ''Jamie Bennett! No fair!'' Jamie laughed in reply. ''You struck first!''

Monty, Claude and Caleb were being hit by Jack. The children started to throw snowballs at each other.

"Free for all!'' Jack yelled and he started to skate around them with his staff on the ground, creating snowballs for the fight. ''Alright, who needs ammo?'' Nixie started to throw snowballs too, laughing out loud as she did so. It was such a long time ago that she had so much fun outside of the Pole.

The kids continued to throw at each other and laughed in the process. Pippa hid a sturdy girl with pink clothes and short dark brown hair while she was making a snow man. Her name was cupcake and she was feared by her fellow neighborhood kids.

The girl turned around towards the other kids, growling in anger as she did so. Pippa looked anxious. ''Run. I hit Cupcake!''

Monty was scared too as he putted his hand before his mouth. Pointing to Pippa as he said; ''She hit Cupcake."

Claude looked with an uncomfortable feeling to the scene before him. ''You hit Cupcake?'' He kind of stuttered as he said it.

Jamie hid himself under his sleigh in order to protect himself from Cupcake.

The two legends nodded at each other as they saw the scene unfold before their eyes. They had the exact same plan in mind.

They picked up both a snowball. ''Ready?'' Jack asked. ''I was born ready.'' Nixie replied confidently as still everything around her twinkled, they both threw the snowball into the face of the girl. She growls again in surprise and frustration as the snow made contact with her face.

"Did you throw that?'' Caleb asks Claude. "No." Claude looked very scared as he placed his hands behind his back and bit his lip. Pippa looked really uncomfortable as she quickly made clear that she wasn't the one who threw it.