❄ Chapter 30 ❄

After a moment they pulled away. Heavy hearts beating in the insides of both their chests. Nixie's pink plump lips were slightly swollen, she couldn't believe that she had actually kissed him.

She enjoyed it, that was for sure.

The only thing was that she promised herself that she wouldn't let any distractions coming towards her path. Nixie had built her walls high after Tooth showed the platinum haired teenager her memories.

She was devastated, the only good thing was the boy that was probably her boyfriend by the time. It was really unfortunate for her that she still couldn't remember him, he'd already be dead by now.

Jack's cheeks were flushed as he putted his forehead against hers. He was breathing heavily, a weird feeling of familiarity formed in him as he kissed Nixie. Almost as if the event occurred before, although it couldn't have.

"I-..." Jack wanted to say something but was interrupted.

A quick vision formed before his eyes as Nixie still had her eyes closed, enjoying the peacefulness for a second.

*Flashback*

"I wanted to give you something." Jacks eyebrows rose as a girl with dark blond hair showed him a silver ring.

She always wears it and he knew the piece meant a lot to her; he just didn't know who she was.  A 'N' was engraved in its surface as it got illuminated in the candle's light.

The girl pressed the ring inside his hand as Jack smiled warmly at her, his brown eyes radiated love and warmth. "Are you sure? You don't want to keep it?"

She shook her face while adding, "No, I'm sure. You must have it, now you can always think of me in the ring's presence."

Jack looked at it once more before placing it in his pocket. "I will be careful with it."

*End Flashback*

"Jack?" Nixie said but the boy before her didn't reply.

Jack looked very confused after a moment as he suddenly grabbed the silver ring out of his pocket. Holding it in his hands, Nixie looked confused at him.

"Is everything alright, Jack?" She asked.

"I-I've got this vision. Multiple actually..." Nixie's mouth wends wide as she furrowed her eyebrows. She shook her head, Jack had visions and he didn't tell anyone.

"That is great! And, what was it about, do you know something about your past life?" Nixie was getting excited, pushing the thoughts aside about the scene that just occurred a second or ten ago.

"I-I keep seeing this, this girl." A hint of jealousy was evident in Nixie's green eyes, although they've just kissed.

"Oh... What was she like?"  Were the only words that Nixie could pronounce.

"It was all so vague to be honest... She gave me the ring." Jack showed her the ring. She already knew about which one he was talking about. When they were collecting the teeth, it rolled out of Jack's pocket. He kept it very close to him, she observed. It must be precious to him then.

"It's gonna sound crazy but, something tells me that this ring is somehow familiar. But never mind... it's crazy. Just a belly feeling." Nixie chuckled. North would be proud at her talking about belly feelings.

"Hopefully I get to know when I have my memories back." Jack gave her a sad smile.

Their faces were again very close as Nixie half closed her eyes again. They were attracted to each other in a weird way.