❄ Chapter 39 ❄

WINTER, A LONG TIME AGO...

It was like two and a half months later since Nixie almost got killed by a dark evil creature in her own house deep in the forest. The platinum haired girl sighed as she sat down on her bed in her 'new' room in the Pole. She had to admit that it was getting more cozier the more time she spends in it.

North and her were getting closer and closer in the time that Nixie moved in.

One of the many, many plants that were standing in her room, was on Nixie's lap as the girl was watering the lavender plant. Wrapping her hands around it as she heard some knocking on the oak tree colored door that was located on her right side.

"N?"

It was already beyond dusk as the sky made place for the moon and the stars along with some greyish clouds. The moon and the stars that were scattered everywhere shone brightly, lightning up the sky. Snow fell rapidly down towards the ground, indicating that it was actual wintertime. Also, the temperature had dropped a couple of degrees but after all, it was always cold at the Pole. Something Nixie really had to acclimatize to since she was used to a warm environment.

"A moment!" Nixie yelled as she flicked her wrist in order to open the door. The vines and twigs moved out of the place so that the door could open. This way, Nixie was the only one who could open and close the door whenever she liked.

North's head poked at the side of the door as a big toothy grin appeared on his big face. His eyes were a warm shade of blue and reminded her of the ocean. His beard shiny and silvery that radiated a warm aura around him, his aura.

"Guess what Yeti's and I made for you!" His Russian accent evident in the way he spoke. Nixie lifted an eyebrow in amusement, rather interested what kind of present she was getting.

"I'm listening." She slyly said as a grin appeared on her face. Creating the usual dimples while watering another plant that was standing in the room.

North made himself now complete visible in the room while clearly hiding something behind his back. His colossal form was taking a lot of space in the little room.

"Close eyes." North commanded as Nixie did what she was told. Her eyelashes poked at her cheeks as she felt North lifting both her arms up into the air. A laugh escaped her mouth as she frowned her eyebrows.

"What are you doing North?" She felt a warm kind of fabric on both her hands sliding down her arms as North put something around her body. It felt warm and cozy as it had an aura around it that smelled like cinnamon and warm Christmas cookies.

"Now open eyes." Nixie squinted her eyes open to be greeted by North in a big red sweater with flickering lights on it. They were knitted in the sweater.

"Hm, lights in trees aren't enough I guess." The platinum haired teenager hummed almost inaudible.

Nixie laughed at the sight before her own eyes. Looking down her own body she realized that she had an exact replica of it. The only difference was that hers was green instead of red.

Lights flickering on her own sweater as North looked at her with his arms wide open in order to show it off to her. "You like it? Its new model!" His eyes twinkled as Nixie looked at him with wide eyes. A little overwhelmed by the whole shebang.

"North, I-I- "North looked at her once again and gave a confident nod with his mouth open.

"I LOVE it! This is amazing!" Nixie yelled as she putted both of her arms into the air. Both giving a victorious yell as they did their victory dance. After celebrating North's new invention for over thirty minutes in Nixie's room, the teenager was getting a weird feeling.

She brushed it off as she grabbed her bow. North left towards his own place after a moment as Nixie lifted the oversized sweater over her head. Leaving it on her bed. Putting on her cloak to keep her warm in the cold environment outside.

After Nixie made sure that North was almost on the other side of the Pole, she stealthily made her way out of the room. She closed the window behind her carefully in order to not make any noise.

It was such a wonderful evening and she couldn't resist the urge to go outside and enjoy the nature around her for a second, or two seconds... or an hour or so.

When walking around with her bow loaded, the sensation only increased more and more to Nixie's astonishment.

Something was telling her to go East and she didn't know what was going on. The feeling gnawed at her as she couldn't ignore it even when she saw a new sort kind of plant that she had to draw sometime. Making a mental note to herself.

After a moment, Nixie couldn't hold her curiosity anymore as her body protested once more when Nixie was going Southwards. A sigh escaped her lips as her hair whipped around due to the strong sudden wind.

The platinum haired teenager walked for a couple of minutes when she stumbled across a lake kind of landscape. Finally, her body was once again in peace with her mind, such a weird feeling, Nixie had to admit. She suddenly heard a cracking noise.

Diving into a dark spot, trying to protect herself.

Covered in the shadows, ready to take action if needed. Long hair whipped to the side as the wind increased on this cold winter night. Cloak wrapped around her since it was the only thing to keep her warm.

The scene that played before her was quite interesting. It was full moon. Snow everywhere were you could look. But the snow wasn't what attracted Nixie. It was the sudden noise of cracking ice in the frozen lake before her. Out of the hole in the lake floated a boy around her age in the air. Hair as white as snow. She had never seen anything like it before and she was interested. Curiosity flowed through her veins.

The ice cracked further open as the boy floated a couple of feet in the air. He inhaled deeply as his electric blue eyes were focused on the full moon before him. Eyes like Nixie had never seen, eyes that looked as cold as ice.