❄ Chapter 40 ❄️

A LITTLE TIME EARLIER

Nixie slowly opened her eyes, letting the light gently fall into her green irises. She was tired. Tired from the dark powder that Pitch blew in her face. Panic washed over her when the platinum haired teenager realised that her hands and feet were chained. Her arms above her head as her hands almost screamed for blood supply.

"Of course, this happens to me..." She muttered through her breath as she tried to get her bangs out of her eyesight after looking downward.

A heavy clinking sound was hearable as she tried to get her hands out of them, but with no good result.

"HELP!"

Probably no one was around to hear her. Nixie give a big sigh, praying that someone would come for her.

"HEL-"

"Shut that hole, you incompetent fool. My ears are already ringing, thank you very much." The raspy voice that only belonged to one person echoed through the room. Boredom and maliciousness evident in his voice as Pitch stepped out of the shadows. His grey skin was almost one with all of the darkness around him in the room.

"Pitch..." Nixie whispered just audible for him to hear. Her dark eyebrows furrowed in anger. Pitch's mouth in a usual grin as he looked at Nixie, a glint of satisfaction flashed in his eyes as his plan was setting into motion, thanks to Frost. He would thank him later.

Nixie made a promise in her head, she had to be strong. For the children and her own sake and that of the other guardians.

"Who else would you thought it would be, girl? Santa Claus?" Pitch made a mental high five for that one. A cackling laugh echoed through the dark round shaped room. A little bit of light slipped through a tiny hole that was located above her head. Illuminating her face that was smeared with some dirt due to the forest ground.

So, it could be considered that she was somewhere underground. Probably in one of Pitch's hiding spots.

Nixie her mouth stayed in a thin line on her face, looking away from Pitch. She couldn't laugh. Normally she was always in for a joke but not now.

"Ha, ha, very funny..." Sarcasm almost dripped from her voice. Then she realised that her bow and arrows were gone. "Where is my bow?"

"That's none of your concern." Pitch almost floated around the room. Having the time of his life with his arms behind his back, looking too comfortable with himself.

"Well, since they are my mine, I think it is."

"I'm not here to talk about a wooden stick with a piece of rope, now am I?"

"Why am I even here in the first place?" Nixie was getting more irritated by the second. Her green eyes were dark, like a storm was raging within them.

"To have a nice chat of course, darling, just like I said in the forest." His grin increased on his long face, almost showing his teeth.

"I don't want to have a conversation with such an evil person like you."

"Well, it's your own fault not to take the deal when you had the chance to."

"Why would I make a deal with the person who literally ruined my life!" Nixie was almost shouting. She couldn't control her anger anymore. That man practically changed her whole future.

"What have I ever done to you?! You killed my sister that day! You killed everything that I was familiar with... even the boy I loved." The last part was almost inaudible for Pitch to hear but, a grin appeared on his face when a thought occurred. Nixie still didn't know who Jack really was. How ironic.