Chapter 4

When I wake up I immediately notice that I'm back in the glass cage, " hello again" says the voice again "hello?" I try to say but it doesn't come out as clear only chirps and thrills, "look around, I'm the gold dragon behind you"

I turn around and see what is indeed a gold dragon on the other side of the glass also in a cage like me " focus on me and push what you want to say over to me in your mind" " hello? Did it work?" I say " yes good job your a natural! I'm autumn what's your name? Oh and feel free to ask any questions, I know you must be confused after.. how you hatched" "my name is arbor, uh, why are we dragons? And why did they kidnap me?" " We are dragonets because the scientists supposedly found alien DNA, and here we are, tiny dragonets, they sure were let down when we didn't grow into  huge mighty dragons" autumn chuckles " as for your other question, they stalk people for a few months and put them in different groups like athletic and intelligence what where you good at?" " Well I was really good at drawing, that's were I got most of my confidence from, the people complementing me on my art" "ok so artistic, any more questions?" "How many people were kidnapped?" " Thousands though with you that makes 106 of us to hatch" " only a little more than 100! And thousands kidnapped? How have they not gotten caught?!" " They ARE the government, and multiple other governments as well" there is a silence and I go to lay back down and sleep when autumn says "and you should probably eat, there are some bowls with fruit and water, don't worry they never drug it" I look over and there is a bowl filled with apple, orange, and grapes, along with a separate bowl with water. I walk over and eat the oranges first as they are my favorite then the apples then the grapes then I walk over to the heat lamp and lay down in the sand with my wings open, catching the heat, like I did before. I fall asleep slowly, loving the heat, which is also weird because as a human I much more preferred the cold than the heat. But whatever this heat is bliss and I probably shouldn't dwell on the past.

When I wake up,its to hisses again, and I freak out. 'I'm out of my egg whatever is hissing can see me! and what about the other dragonets?' I frantically look around, only to realise that me and the others are not in danger as the ones hissing were actually just the others. "What are you hissing at?" I say to autumn through my mind voice "them" she says, her voice dripping with venom, and pointing by the door. My eyes follow were she's pointing and see that they are hissing at the scientists 'oh, they are probably angry and or afraid of the scientists'. I was going to ask her why, when I realise that she will probably take offence.