Chapter 7

I wake up and eat like I have been doing for the past two months, in that time only two more dragonets have hatched, the 108th being a red dragonet who hatched last month, and who hate the scientists probably more then anyone else. I open the general mind link just listening to everyone talking, I hear others planning our escape with the secret agent, and him telling them if that would work or not , and I think autumn is in a private mindlink with ignis, after I introduced them to each other they hit it off, and me having to tell them that I did not find either one of them attractive because I don't like boys or girls, while both of them are bisexual.

Going back to listening to the bored plans of escape, when all of a sudden the building shook slightly for a few seconds " was that an earth quake?" Someone nervously asks over the general mindlink "no, the earthquakes back home felt different" ignis replys " that was more like a vibration of a explosion"

Before anyone else could input their thoughts a gigantic hole was blown in the wall of the room knocking overs table of cages, the power went out and the six cages next to me got knocked down, four of them breaking " quickly unlock the rest of our cages!" Three of them got too it right away and one of them dazed for a few seconds before coming and freeing me, I follow their example and fly over and land on top of a golden dragonets cage trying my best to unlock it quickly, finally I get it and she fly's out, I go to undo another, freeing a red dragonet the same way, before we all fly out under the lead of the purple dragonet that is the secret agent.

When we get past the hole in the wall the explosions, and cannon sounds become more prominent, I look around while we are all flying in place, there, to my horror, is a yellow light turning all the humans to mush, "FLY!" a dragonet from the back yells, I only then notice one of the yellow lights behind our flock. We fly at the highest speed we can, me because I have bigger wings and a smaller body, am towards the front, the yellow light is catching up, I can tell because of the frightened screeches and yells, but we stop in confusion when it passes overhead without, thankfully, turning anyone to mush.

We continued to fly, until we reached a park we settled down a bit, I landed in a tree near some tall white aliens, just watching them. Hopefully they don't see me because of my green scales, one of them turns around scanning the tree line, I cower a bit to make myself smaller, his eyes lock on my small form the laughs, and points me out to the rest of the aliens. I get nervous when he picks up his gun, pointing it at me, his friends laughing and egging on, he pulls the trigger, firing a beam of light right above me, I panic and fly away in a rush of wings back to flock.