Chapter 19

A drawing I did of kufan and  arbor.                                          

I wake up and stretch, looking around I'm shocked that instead of the cozy living room and kufan, there's dirt and the morning song urging me awake. The memories of yesterday come back, me and kufan going to the park, me showing her my burrow, us talking till sunset before she had to leave. The morning song's urge becomes to strong so I walk outside, and wait for the sun to lead the song.

I do the usual dance and song if only a little bit different from yesterday's, my song echoing the distant ones of the other dragonets at their chosen spot.

After the song finishes I fly back down to the ground and under the cover of my bush but not in my burrow, I wonder how autumn and ignis are doing, then I remember, they had chicks! Darn! I promised them I would be there for the hatching!

I get up about to go out when I hear kamari walking down the path, I grumble and lay down to wait for the slow moving group of teenagers, not really wanting to give away my place of sleep. Finally with them out of sight and earshot I get up and fly.

Autumn is probably at her and ignis's den by now, I put off mindlinking her though, just to add to the surprise.

I land on the branch of the tree, hearing movement inside I grin and walk through the entrance. "Surprise!!" I yell into autumns mind " arbor! Your back! Where have you been!!" Autumn yells, rushing over to greet me, " I got hurt by a certain hawk that you said had left the park" I say laughing at how happy autumn is " I was waiting for my wounds to heal" I say showing her the now uncovered, and scarred area of my wing and side " oh my god! Are you ok!" She says coming over to inspect my now closed wounds.

Out of the corner of my eye I see something white, standing out from the dark inside of the tree,
I grin, " Autumn.. are those eggs in the corner, cause if they are I know that the ones from before I left should have hatched by now..."  She sighs, " yesss, they are you have a problem?" She says trotting over to her two small eggs, I laugh, " no, no not at all! Oh hey do you want some sunburst berries? I have a few?"
Her face brightens and she nodds her head, " yes please! But please could you bring them here? I can call ignis while your gone so he can come also! We were both so worried when you didn't come back! I'm sure he would be so happy to see you again just like I am!" I nod and smile " sure! No problem! See you in a few!"

With that I launch off from the tree and flap hard to get to my destination quicker, loving the feeling of flying through the trees in the open breeze again, arriving at the path I stop in my tracks at what I see, a group of teenagers I recognize as the group that where slowly passing my bush earlier, surrounding my bush, and sticking their filthy hands into my burrow!

I feel like I should be angry right now, since they are violating my privacy and ruining my home, but all I feel is sadness, because my home was found and they don't even seem to care that the hole is my home, I feel a little grateful too because they did have the since to not do that while I was in there. My emotions are just very... off.

They finally leave and I go to investigate the damage they have done, but, thankfully only a little bit of the dirt is scraped away from the edges, from trying to fit their big hands into a hole that even I have to squeeze into, and thankfully they did not find the separate room where I'm keeping  the containers of fruit that kufan gave me.

I will just move the entrance some where else, or maybe just dig down farther so that they can't reach me... Yes that's what I will do, oooh I should make a second entrance too! Oh wait I forgot what I came here for, I crawl into my slightly more crumbly home and grab some sunburst berries, as much as my hands can carry, which is six and fly back out, scaring a kamari a little ways away from my bush, I laugh flying away into the trees and back to autumn and ignis's tree.