4. Karuna's Decision.

There comes a
time when u meet
someone and you
just want to make them
smile for the rest
of your life.

-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-

Karuna Pov

It's been three minutes, twenty seconds and now twenty-one seconds since both of us are dumbly being seated on my balcony. He is on my right side.

I don't know how to begin the conversation so, I left this job for him but I guess he is also in the same dilemma.

We can't waste our precious opportunity by just being hushed. Someone will have to take the initiative so, gathering up all my courage, I finally turn my head to look at him, the moment I move my head he also did the same.

I passed him my nervous smile which he returns with his sheepish one.

"Umm..! I don't know how to start? So, let's begin from the beginning."

He extended his palm for the handshake and said,

"Hi! I'm Raj Tandel."

I thought to play along with him. I connected my palm with his and replied,

"Hi! I'm Karuna Singhania."

I felt his body warmth transferring into my palm along with bubbling some tingling sensations inside my tummy.

I immediately backed out my hand to stop all these weird feelings.

He glared at me and said on a very serious note,

"I can't do this."

I raise my brows confusedly.

What does he mean? Did I do something wrong? Did he get offended because of my reaction?

He stroked his hair harshly and messed up his perfectly groomed hair.

He took a deep breath and said something unbearable for any girl sitting in my place,

"Listen! I don't want to complicate things between us so, I'm directly coming to the point. I can't marry you."

It took me some time to process all the newfound information when suddenly he drops another bomb on me.

"Actually, I'm Gay."

My eyes became wide after his revelation. He is Gay. Oh, God!

"I don't like women and my parents are scared about society. That's why they want me to marry a girl but I can't ruin someone else's life for the sake of this f**k**g society."

I remain silent for a few minutes, letting my mind digest everything. God, it's very difficult for me to breathe properly. I took a deep breath to calm down myself but all my trials went in vain.

I panicked and began to mumble whatever came into my mind,

"What'll I do now?

My parents are already fond of you.

What'll I tell them?