16. The Truth

We fall.
We break.
We fail.
but then,
We rise.
We heal.
We overcome.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

Both of us were standing Infront of the main gate of their home.

I remember Ena had told me once whenever I want to meet her I can visit her house and if by chance she is not present and the gate is locked then there is a flower pot just beside the main gate below it there is a spare key which I can use to get inside and wait for her to return.

Today I am here standing Infront of her house and the gate is also locked. I can do as she had told me I can open the gate by using that key but she won't comeback ever.

"When they were alive this was my second home I use to spend most of my time here with them.", Raj said sadly.

I am the worst friend in this entire world. When my best friend needed me the most I was not there with her I was busy on dealing with my own problems. Why Ena? Why did you hide about your complications from me?

I suppressed my emotions and kept my hand on Raj's shoulder to give him some strength.

He looked at me and said,

"Thanks for coming with me."

I didn't say anything just smiled weakly. I moved towards the flower pot lift it up and kept it aside. I picked up the key and again placed the pot on the same place. I stood up to open the gate.

"How did you know about the spare keys?", Raj asked me.

Shit! How can I be so stupid? Now what will I tell him? How I know about the keys? Think Karuna think!

Raj is looking at me confusedly. I will have to tell him something. But what? Yes idea!

"Umm! Just a guess. Nowadays most of the people do it even my mom have also kept a spare key below the pot for emergency.", I said hesitantly.

Raj expression became soft. I think he is convinced by my lies.

Without wasting any second I went towards the gate and opened it with the keys.

I have never been here before but I know each and every corner of this house. Ena had showed me her whole house through the video call. When she had showed me, her house was full of happiness but today there is no happiness here.

We both entered the house everything is covered with white sheets which now became brown because of the dirt on it.

Raj went straight towards the master bedroom. I didn't follow him I know he needs some time alone.

I came to another room which I remember Ena had told me that she is decorating it for her baby.

There is a cot in the middle of the room which is also covered with white sheet there were many cartoon portraits hanging on the wall.

Slowly I came closer to the cot and removed the sheet. There is a doll lying inside the cot. I had send this doll to Ena when she had given me the good news that she is going to be a mother soon.

After watching that doll the tears which I was trying to hold for so long began to fall from my eyes. I picked up the doll and hugged it tightly.

"Why Ena? Why did you left me alone? We had planned so many things to do together. You promised me you will always be there with me. Without you I am so lonely.", I said hoarsely.

I sit down on the floor with the doll in my hand. My tears are unstoppable. I stayed there and cried all my heart out while hugging that doll tightly.

I don't know how much minutes have been passed. I wiped my tears composed myself and get up from the floor. I kept that doll again inside the cot and covered it back with same sheet.

As I turned to leave that room I saw Raj is standing on the door and he had tears in his eyes.

I get shocked while seeing him. I don't know for how long he had been standing here? Did he saw me crying?

"I was just checking the house. I think this room is meant for their baby.", I tried to give an execuse.

"Why?", Raj said while coming closer.

I don't know what he is asking about?

"What happened Raj?", I asked him.

He came closer to me his eyes are red because of crying. The more he reduced the distance between us the more I started getting nervous.

Suddenly he hugged me tightly. I became stunned. I don't know how to react? I remain standing there like a statue.

"Why they left us alone?", Raj said while sobbing.

I can feel his tears falling on the back side of my neck. I lifted up my hands and hugged him back. I also want to cry but I can't get weak I have to be strong. I controlled my emotions and squeezed my eyes tightly to stop my tears.

"It's okay Raj it was their destiny.", I tried to console both of us.

"You have to be strong Raj for your parents, for your sister, for yourself.", I said.

He loosened his grip around me and broke the hug. To hide my emotions I kept my head low.

He grabbed my right hand and lifted my chin up so that he can directly look into my eyes.

He continued to stare into my eyes like he is trying to find something. I don't know what is he trying to find in my eyes? After few minutes I break the eye contact. I don't know why I did that? May be I am scared because if I kept on looking into his eyes then I won't be able to hide my emotions anymore.

"I am very thankful to Reena that she choose you for me.", Raj said.

I watched him shockingly. He nodded his head to confirm me that he knows the truth.
_______________________________________

✴️ What's your opinion about the entire chapter?

✴️Are you happy for Raj and Karuna?
_______________________________________

Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me)

_______________________________________